Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > Mediterranean - Eastern & Western > Spain Ports

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Spain Ports Barcelona, Ibiza, Mallorca, Seville

Old August 30th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default What can we do near plaza Catalunya?

We are thinking of storing our luggage near here for a couple of hours starting around 9am. We don't have time to wander too far as we need to be at the airport for noon. Is there anything noteworthy to see/do around this area?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Old August 31st, 2012, 02:55 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabanana3 View Post
We are thinking of storing our luggage near here for a couple of hours starting around 9am. We don't have time to wander too far as we need to be at the airport for noon. Is there anything noteworthy to see/do around this area?
That doesn't give you much time and not sure it will be worth it...maybe a walk down the Las Ramblas and a stop in at the La Boqueria market (unless it's a Sunday).

Old August 31st, 2012, 08:39 AM
5,000+ Club

You could go the Cathedral but as Ashland says you don't have a lot of time

Where are you planning to store your luggage? Is it with the company Locker Barcelona in Carrer Estruc?

Past cruises
1 P&O, 1 Radisson (now Regent), 2 NCL, 3 Festival (no longer exists), 4 RCI, 6 Windstar, 9 HAL

HAL

RCI Platinum

Our webpage (cruise photos, recipes and more)

Barcelona information pages

Last edited by English_in_Spain; August 31st, 2012 at 08:44 AM.

Old August 31st, 2012, 08:40 AM
Cool Cruiser

The Gothic Quarter and the Ramblas are close by but you've already heard that you do not have much time.

Old August 31st, 2012, 12:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

The Hard Rock is right across the street from the square.

Old August 31st, 2012, 12:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

I would walk down La Rambla to the market for breakfast, come back out thru Bari Gothic, shopping along Placa de Angles (sp?) if it is not Sunday for last minute souvenirs. Or stop for a snack at a cafe in the old city and people watch. Watch your valuables!

Old September 2nd, 2012, 02:37 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I think we will do as knitter suggested. Even afew hours to walk around is better than sitting in the airport.

Old September 2nd, 2012, 02:50 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabanana3 View Post
AnnaBanana! Whatever you do will be fun. Paul and i hopped on the tour bus and REALLY enjoyed it. We were able to see LOTS of things in the city. I think I have a map of highlights if you want it.

A word of caution, keep your valuables really close - there are pick pockets casing the unwary. Enjoy but don't be naive OK?

When are you guys travelling? Sue and her two kids visited us today. We made lots of music. Those amazing kids played a duet of Pachebel's Canon on my violins!

All the best and let me know if you want the small map and book.
Nancy and Paul
NEXT:: Rhapsody of the Seas: B2B Australia AND SE Asia/Middle East April/May 2015 PAST FLOATS:Legend of the Seas 03/11/14 Quebec & Bermuda to FLL Milennium Sept.2014 Transpacific to Russia and Japan April 2014 TA from Ft Lauderdale to Malaga on Equinox Vision of the Seas TA Lisbon to Miami: FALL 13 and Legend of the Seas from Florida to San Diego via Panama Canal OCT - Nov 2013Dec 2012: Liberty of the Seas- Celebrity Reflection Independence of the Seas June 2012: Celebrity Millennium Rail/Cruise Anchorage --Vancouver Jewel of the Seas - 10/11 Boston to New England/Canada--> Carribean -->Tampa Bahamas Birthday Cruise 11/15/11 on Majesty Freedom of the Seas Feb.2011 Western Carribean 12/2010 Allure of the Seas Inaugeral Navigator of the Seas Carribean Nov.2010; Ruby Princess Mediteranean TA Oct.3. 6-24 2010; B2B2B in 2010:Vision of the Seas Sept 4-11 Baltic Sea Vision of the Seas Sept 11-24th Copenhagen to Venice Vision of the Seas Sept 24 Holy Land and Turkey Enchantment of the Seas: Panama, Costa Rica, Columbia Aruba to Florida 04/10 to 04/19 2010 Grandeur of the Seas B2B Baltimore, Bermuda, Tortola, St. Maarten,Caracao, Cayman's,Cozumel, Tampa: 11/14 & 11/19/09 Jewel of the Seas TA: Harwich, France, Ireland, Iceland, Boston 09/09 Mariner of the Seas Port Canaveral, Eastern & Southern Carribean, Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Costa Rica, Mexico to LA: "46 days Around the Horn" Jan-Feb 2009 Grandeur of the Seas B2B E&W Carribean 11/2008 Majesty of the Seas Bahamas/Key West/2008; Enchantment of the Seas Key West/Cozumel 12/2007 Navigator of the Seas: Southampton, Spain, Portugal, Madeira, La Palma Ft Lauderdale TA 11/2007 Celebrity Zenith Exotic Southern Carribean 3/2007 Navigator of the Seas Western Carribean 11/2006 Sitmar Fairsky 5/75 Sydney to New Zealand;Four Winds 12/73 Singapore, Borneo, Bali

Old September 2nd, 2012, 10:58 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley's Lady View Post
AnnaBanana! Whatever you do will be fun. Paul and i hopped on the tour bus and REALLY enjoyed it. We were able to see LOTS of things in the city. I think I have a map of highlights if you want it.

A word of caution, keep your valuables really close - there are pick pockets casing the unwary. Enjoy but don't be naive OK?

When are you guys travelling? Sue and her two kids visited us today. We made lots of music. Those amazing kids played a duet of Pachebel's Canon on my violins!

All the best and let me know if you want the small map and book.
Nancy and Paul
Thanks Nancy. We are sailing on Oct 1st for 1/ nights and Spain will be our last stop. The map and book would be great! If we can hit the ground running the we won't waste any precious time. Thanks again.
Anne-Marie