Any Benefits On Azamara When Elite on Celebrity?

Angiet2

Hi All,

Just got an amazing offer for the Copenhagen to Amersterdam, 11 night, cruise on July 5th...

I am elite on Celebrity.... since Azamara already includes so many nice perks, do they offer anything extra if you are Elite on Celebrity (similar to how Royal Carib gives you Diamond status)?

Thanks for any advice you can offer...

We've been on Seabourn and are hoping that Azamara is the right mix between a small ship and a larger ship, experience.

Angie in San Diego:)

Hi All,

Just got an amazing offer for the Copenhagen to Amersterdam, 11 night, cruise on July 5th...

I am elite on Celebrity.... since Azamara already includes so many nice perks, do they offer anything extra if you are Elite on Celebrity (similar to how Royal Carib gives you Diamond status)?

Thanks for any advice you can offer...

We've been on Seabourn and are hoping that Azamara is the right mix between a small ship and a larger ship, experience.

Angie in San Diego:)

Hi Angie,

Good News ! Azamara & Celebrity offer reciprocal benefits. If you are Elite with Celebrity, you would be at Discoverer Level with Azamara.

When you make your booking, give Azamara or your Travel Agent, your Captains Club numbers (Azamara currently uses the same numbers as Celebrity), and you should be all set.

Here's a list of Le Club Voyage Benefits : http://browse.azamaraclubcruises.com/dc/captainsclub/heroSingleTxtSub.do?pagename=membership_benefits

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Angie

We too are Elite with Celebrity and took our first cruise on Azamara Quest last November to Montenegro, Croatia and Italy. We found that although we were allocated Discoverer level with Azamara the benefits differed slightly from Celebrity. The internet minutes were very useful but although there were special events programmed for Discoverer passengers we felt that it was not the same as being able to have an early evening drink in Michael's Club. Nevertheless the benefits provided were very welcome. Azamara is more intimate because there are less people and it is a very sociable ship as it is relatively small (although it doesn't really feel that small). You will easily get to know the officers, crew, staff and fellow passengers, everone is so friendly. We were unsure when we left the ship whether we would book another Azamara cruise as we enjoy the entertainment on Celebrity - the entertainment on Azamara is more low key. However, we have just booked the Black Sea and Transylvania cruise for July this year. There is no doubt we had a really good time and were very well looked after by all on board Azamara Quest. We are sure you will enjoy your cruise.

Thank you for the nice reply and the information, regarding your experience on Azamara. I am traveling with my mom and she is already starting to worry, a wee bit, that she is going to be bored w/o the 'Broadway' style shows that Celebrity is known for, especially on their S Class ships. Since we are doing a very, very port intensive cruise with only 1 sea day (think Forced March!), I am not worried about being bored, AT ALL. I have a feeling that due to the busy schedule, there will barely be time for sleep, much less worrying about the missing Cirque de Soleil or Broadway style shows that X has.:)

Royal Caribbean and its subsidiaries are better than the competition

but its still (or was a year ago) clumsy. They will open a courtesy

account for the new brand at the level of your existing one

IF YOU ASK CUSTOMER SERVICE before sailing. They claim not to be

able to get into the records on board. Also, you CANNOT combine mileage

earned on the 3 brands to move to higher level. The mileage you earn on

Azamara will be effectively lost(it will stay in your new Azamara account

but won't transfer) if you go back to Royal or X. :confused:

Will the cruise credits I earn for sailing with Azamara not transfer back

to Celebrity?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Libby

I was told that my Captain's Club # is the *same* # as my Azamara #. Is this not the case? I have called Azamara a few times since booking and each time, I go thru the Le Voyage desk and give them my Capt. Club # and they pull up my record with ease...

I did want to mention that once when I called, I asked if 2 passengers in a stateroom, will each get their benefits for Capt.Club/Le Voyage loyalty levels (i.e. will the internet minutes be given to each of us). One Le Voyage staff member told me that, "NO", the internet minutes will only be given to ONE member of the stateroom (seemed very unfair to me, but I didn't want to argue with him, knowing that I always get better info on CC than I get from Capt. Club!!)...Then, when I phoned a few days later and talked to a very nice, different person at Le Club Voyage, she told me that we would EACH get our loyalty benefits, including the internet minutes.

I fear that after this wonderful journey (no pun intended!), I am going to be HOOKED on Azamara! My biggest fear is that the S Class ships on Celebrity won't even hold a candle, any longer. I am already excited about the menu choices on Azamara vs. BLU or the MDR on the S Class ships.

....now, if Azamara could only make the 15 hour flight from San Diego to Copenhagen shorter!!!!:D

On Journey last month (wonderful trip, you will get hooked) we each got the internet minutes but it is only one bag of laundry per room - only one voucher issued and it clearly says printed on in it, one per room per cruise. Was not an issue but just so you know

I think this does highlight the pressing need for Azamara to sort out the info on their website, get it updated and then consistently apply it as otherwise it leads to confusion and for some who are more detail conscious a mild degree of annoyance

Have a wonderful cruise and let us know how you get on!

I was told that my Captain's Club # is the *same* # as my Azamara #. Is this not the case? I have called Azamara a few times since booking and each time, I go thru the Le Voyage desk and give them my Capt. Club # and they pull up my record with ease...

I did want to mention that once when I called, I asked if 2 passengers in a stateroom, will each get their benefits for Capt.Club/Le Voyage loyalty levels (i.e. will the internet minutes be given to each of us). One Le Voyage staff member told me that, "NO", the internet minutes will only be given to ONE member of the stateroom (seemed very unfair to me, but I didn't want to argue with him, knowing that I always get better info on CC than I get from Capt. Club!!)...Then, when I phoned a few days later and talked to a very nice, different person at Le Club Voyage, she told me that we would EACH get our loyalty benefits, including the internet minutes.

I fear that after this wonderful journey (no pun intended!), I am going to be HOOKED on Azamara! My biggest fear is that the S Class ships on Celebrity won't even hold a candle, any longer. I am already excited about the menu choices on Azamara vs. BLU or the MDR on the S Class ships.

....now, if Azamara could only make the 15 hour flight from San Diego to Copenhagen shorter!!!!:D

Hi Angie,

Yes, Azamara's LeClub Voyage number is the same as Celebrity's. As with any other Cruise booking, give the number to your TA, or Azamara if booking direct.

As for the benefits question, I thought each member would receive the benefits. However, I have not asked in quite some time. In light of your (& UKtog's) comment, I will ask again, and see what the latest news is. Stay Tuned !

My question is will my 2 credits (trip and suite) from Azamara's April TA

added to my 7 credits I have with Celebrity stay with me when

I sail again with Celebrity at a later time. Will my total be 9 for Celebrity's

Captian's Club? Thanks.

Libby

My question is will my 2 credits (trip and suite) from Azamara's April TA

added to my 7 credits I have with Celebrity stay with me when

I sail again with Celebrity at a later time. Will my total be 9 for Celebrity's

Captian's Club? Thanks.

Libby

Yes. There is currently just one loyalty membership number - Captain Club - and you use that for both Azamara and Celebrity cruises. Points from both brands are currently accumulating under this one number. You will have 9 points.

The brands were meant to separate in Jan11 but this didn't happen. All indications at that time were if and when the brands separate you would be grandfathered into the new programme at the equivalent tier so you would not lose out.

WE had no problem getting our Azzamara perks sorted out on board.

went to the loyalty desk and the very nise lady pulled up our records and issued the various vouchers for both of us.

We had 5 credits with X.

We found the entertainment up to scratch on the Journey, even with 12 sea days they had enough to keep us very happy.

Archived