Celebrity Vs. Princess

Jaylie

We've sailed on the Disney Wonder and the Dream and liked both, but especially the Dream. We just got back from a cruise to the Caribbean on the Ruby Princess, and we liked that ship, too. So should we try a Celebrity cruise or stick with either Disney or Princess? Just looking for some guidance! I know it's good to stay with one cruise line to get loyalty benefits. Thanks for any help!

We have cruised with R.C.C.L., Celebrity, Princess, N.C.L., and Carnival and have found different, wonderful things with each of them. I know that loyalty has perks, but why limit yourself to one or two line...:D

Try all of them or just pick where you want to go and who will take you there, you will learn so much about the wide world of cruising than you never knew.:D Remember Cruising Is The Best Vacation On Earth!!!:rolleyes: The world is out there for you to grab a hold of. Reach for the stars, you never know what you will find... Good Luck and Happy Cruising!!!:) C.G.

We've sailed on the Disney Wonder and the Dream and liked both, but especially the Dream. We just got back from a cruise to the Caribbean on the Ruby Princess, and we liked that ship, too. So should we try a Celebrity cruise or stick with either Disney or Princess? Just looking for some guidance! I know it's good to stay with one cruise line to get loyalty benefits. Thanks for any help!

We have also enjoyed many cruise lines, but Celebrity compared to Princess wins IMO! The food is much better- including the buffet, MDR , Blu and the speciality restaurants cannot be beat. I truly recommend the newer ships- solstice class. The Martini Bar and Molecular bar are fun and they make excellent drinks. They also have very limited announcements. Another perk is the adult pool. When we travel on princess, it is so crowded that we pay to enjoy the santuary all week- it is pricey, but you don't have to fight for a chair. Celebrity also offers specials, so you get tips, a cash amount and or unlimited beverage packages which really keep the costs down. Enjoy

We have done a number of cruises with Princess and will do more, however we are finding Princess is getting a bit stale and the cut backs annoying. We have only done two Celebrity cruises with 2 more coming up....I have to say we are finding Celebrity more to our liking but at the end of the day the two lines are pretty close.

We have done a number of cruises with Princess and will do more, however we are finding Princess is getting a bit stale and the cut backs annoying. We have only done two Celebrity cruises with 2 more coming up....I have to say we are finding Celebrity more to our liking but at the end of the day the two lines are pretty close.

We will be on the Silhouette Jan 5th 2014, the week before you! On the Allure Jan 12, 2014. I also found that especially on the Caribbean Princess, as they added more staterooms, the public space , including the theatre was is inadequate. I also like(d) Princess, but agree that the budget cuts, perhaps the Carnival Management, has decreased the quality of the cruise experience.

You may already know this, but your upcoming cruise is going to be a Boston Red Sox themed event, featuring both fans and players/broadcasters. As a Red Sox fan, that's not necessarily a BAD think in my view, but a lot of people are hesitant about theme cruises.

Western Caribbean - Celebrity Silhouette - Jan 12, 2014

You may already know this, but your upcoming cruise is going to be a Boston Red Sox themed event, featuring both fans and players/broadcasters. As a Red Sox fan, that's not necessarily a BAD think in my view, but a lot of people are hesitant about theme cruises.

Western Caribbean - Celebrity Silhouette - Jan 12, 2014

Yes, thank you I am aware of this and are thinking of what we may want to do.

So should we try a Celebrity cruise or stick with either Disney or Princess? Just looking for some guidance! I know it's good to stay with one cruise line to get loyalty benefits. Thanks for any help!

I've been on 14 cruises including some ships no longer sailing. And, I've never been on a bad ship...there's always something to like. My absolute favorite is Celebrity. I think the level of service is superior to all others on which I've sailed. I still have some lines to go and don't believe in 'brand loyalty' til I've tried them all. And, maybe, not even then if a particular itinerary strikes my fancy. I will say that it is obvious that Carnival has made cutbacks which impact the guests. And, I know this because I've been on a Carnival run of late due to other cruisers in my group. And, well, Princess belongs to the Carnival group, though I've not been aboard Princess in about 3 years and it was very enjoyable. It's not BIG things but there is a difference from several years ago -- dirty tables in the Lido area, less waiters, over-worked waiters with not-very-proficient help, stewards with too many cabins assigned, etc. Is it still worth doing? Absolutely! But Celebrity is a better product and - if you are canny - you can get just as good a deal! Happy cruising whichever decision you make. I'm planning on a Norwegian - THAT should be interesting - and then a HAL for my next outings. However, I've heard negative rumblings about HAL slipping in service and food, too -- yet another Carnival holding. And, well, Carnival's Costa ships will never be an option for me - not with captains like Schettino!

Guest maddycat

Keep trying other cruise lines. That way you'll get to experience each brand for yourself. You'll find the one or two lines that are a perfect fit for you. We've cruised Costa, Princess, NCL, Celebrity and RCI. Our favorite is RCI with Celebrity as a close second.

We have cruised with R.C.C.L., Celebrity, Princess, N.C.L., and Carnival and have found different, wonderful things with each of them. I know that loyalty has perks, but why limit yourself to one or two line...:D

Try all of them or just pick where you want to go and who will take you there, you will learn so much about the wide world of cruising than you never knew.:D Remember Cruising Is The Best Vacation On Earth!!!:rolleyes: The world is out there for you to grab a hold of. Reach for the stars, you never know what you will find... Good Luck and Happy Cruising!!!:) C.G.

This!!

We've been on RCI and Carnival but this fall, we'll be on Celebrity! To me, each line is a different adventure and we always look forward to something new about cruising. Our reason for choosing Celebrity? The Aqua Class and Blu. We were sold on them!

Princess and Celebrity are my favorites. Princess does a great job with the big screen tv. Late night movies, football games and many other things. Celebrity has great service and even better food. Either way you will be a winner. Have a great cruise. ;)

Archived