Cunard and younger cruisers

It seems to me that Cunard distinguishes itself from other cruise lines by offering a more traditional and classic style of cruising (including a stricter dress code). I appreciate this difference. However, as your loyal customer base ages, do you plan to make any changes in order to market the Cunard brand to a younger generation of cruisers?

[quote name='charliedalrymple']It seems to me that Cunard distinguishes itself from other cruise lines by offering a more traditional and classic style of cruising (including a stricter dress code). I appreciate this difference. However, as your loyal customer base ages, do you plan to make any changes in order to market the Cunard brand to a younger generation of cruisers?[/QUOTE]

In my opinion Cunard dress code is not strict. It is elegant. Those travelling with Cunard can have fun but know when and where to draw the line..
charliedairymple you must try Cunard then you can ask that question, but then you will realise that there was no need to.

We have a growing number of younger guests coming to Cunard Line - but we focius on making the experience appeal to a wide range of ages. In the summer we see a lot of younger families - our Childre's Clubs are terrific - but we do not go out to really attract families - they find us thankfully. I answered a question earlier on dress codes and formality - whilst we will stick to our famous Formal nights - we have a growing number of 'Elegant Casual' nights which are also popular. There is somthing very special at seeing children dress up - I am sure there may be turmoil in the cabins prior to dinner as the children are asked to dress smartly - but I am equally sure that resulting photos of the family on Queen Mary 2 on a Formal night grace mantlepieces and photo albums around the world - it's a great experience for families. Peter

Dear Mr Shanks,

I would like to bring to your attention that the "growing number of 'Elegant Casual' nights" wer not at all popular among the cruisers on my last cruise. It were especially the younger people who, with all the vacation and cruise options available today, made a deliberate decision to sail with Cunard because of the formality. All this "casual" one gets everywhere else.

Archived