Stores open on Labor Day?

jebridan

Your question has been asked as recent as 5/16. Here is member flowers44's reply:

Labour Day is also a holiday in Bermuda. The shops at the Dockyard will be open if there is a ship in port. Transportation will be on the Sunday/Holiday schedule so there will be limits on trips by ferry and bus. I would assume that the stores in Hamilton will observe the holiday and not be open.

SBtS

I've done a lot of research on the subject. Public transportation will run on a Sunday schedule but you can still expect that a good number of stores and restaurants will still be open in Hamilton.

Edited by ashkramer8

I've done a lot of research on the subject. Public transportation will run on a Sunday schedule but you can still expect that a good number of stores and restaurants will still be open in Hamilton.

Not quite sure where you did your research, but I certainly don't expect stores to be open in Hamilton on a public holiday. Maybe one or two that sell tourist stuff, but I'd doubt even that. A few restaurants may be open, but not as many as usual.

Dockyard will be as open as it usually is when ships are in.

Don't expect a good number of stores and restaurants to be open in Hamilton on Labour Day. You are going to be in for a big disappointment if you go to Hamilton on Labour Day expecting that. Most are going to be closed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

I have contacted restaurants that I was thinking about visiting and confirmed they would be open. I also asked if they could tell me would some of the stores be open. The answer was yes. I obviously recognize that it's a holiday, but there will still be a few things to do and see. And since not everything will be open, there should be fewer people around, making it easier to navigate. I visited Hamilton on a Sunday when fewer things are open and it was very pleasant.

After reading this thread and the conflicting information, I just found this article concerning the ferry schedule for Labor Day. It should help those of us that will be there on Labor Day.

http://www.royalgazette.com/news/article/20160831/labour-day-ferry-schedule-announced

Good to know about the ferry schedule, no doubt others will be asking.

I always go by what Jolly Jones posts if there is conflicting info since she lives in Bermuda.