DCL Excursions

LissyTx

Me again! LOL.

We are doing the Eastern Route on the Fantasy and I was looking to do the Maegan's Bay Beach excursion. My daughter is 2. However, it won't let me book it for her.

I cannot tell which DCL excursions are allowed for 2 years old and which are not. Some have nothing in the 0-2 column and some have 0.00 which I assumed meant you could take them but they are free. Maybe this is not correct since it wont let me book Maegans Bay with the 0.00 listed in the 2 column.

Also, any recommendations for good excursions in St Thomas or Tortola?

I appreciate your help!

We have done Magen's Bay on our own in St. Thomas. After you exit the ship, there are lots of taxis waiting that will take you to Magen's Bay. People over age 12 or 14 (can't remember off hand) pay to get in. Then just enjoy the beach. When you are ready to leave, there are lots of taxis to take you back to the port. Very easy and a lot cheaper than doing Disney's excursion. Plus no age requirement.

St .Thomas is VERY easy to do on your own. There will be plenty of cabs right at the dock area.

Some suggestions for things a child might like...there is a butterfly farm within walking distance of the dock. Coral World is an attraction with a small aquarium, an underwater viewing tank that you walk into, touch tanks with "educators," (tanks where you can touch a nurse shark, etc.) a gift shop, snack bar, etc. Right across the parking lot from Coral World is Coki Beach--a nice, free, family friendly beach. It does not have vendors and stuff, but if you go to Coral World you get a wrist band that allows you to go in and out all day--you can use the restrooms and snack bar at Coral World. Check out their web site and the magazine you can get free at the dock as there are sometimes discount coupons. Taxis will be there to take you back; if not the person in the gift shop will call one for you.

There are many advantages beyond cost to going on your own. The butterflies will become inactive at all the noise from the crowd. We arrived as the DCL group was leaving. As soon as they were out the door, the butterflies went crazy. The other advantage with a small child is that you can leave when you want to--you don't have to hang out for the group.

Traffic can get heavy late in the afternoon. We always plan to be back a whole hour early so that we have plenty of time. But if your taxi can't get back, the DCL vehicles can't get back either! Just allow more time than you think you'll need and you'll be fine.

St .Thomas is VERY easy to do on your own. There will be plenty of cabs right at the dock area.

Some suggestions for things a child might like...there is a butterfly farm within walking distance of the dock. Coral World is an attraction with a small aquarium' date=' an underwater viewing tank that you walk into, touch tanks with "educators," (tanks where you can touch a nurse shark, etc.) a gift shop, snack bar, etc. Right across the parking lot from Coral World is Coki Beach--a nice, free, family friendly beach. It does not have vendors and stuff, but if you go to Coral World you get a wrist band that allows you to go in and out all day--you can use the restrooms and snack bar at Coral World. Check out their web site and the magazine you can get free at the dock as there are sometimes discount coupons. Taxis will be there to take you back; if not the person in the gift shop will call one for you.

There are many advantages beyond cost to going on your own. The butterflies will become inactive at all the noise from the crowd. We arrived as the DCL group was leaving. As soon as they were out the door, the butterflies went crazy. The other advantage with a small child is that you can leave when you want to--you don't have to hang out for the group.

Traffic can get heavy late in the afternoon. We always plan to be back a whole hour early so that we have plenty of time. But if your taxi can't get back, the DCL vehicles can't get back either! Just allow more time than you think you'll need and you'll be fine.[/quote']

Thank you! These are very helpful tips.