Beer deal on first day?

Star1

Last year on the Valor on the first day at the pool we got a deal on buying a bucket of beer. I remember I got two buckets- drank what I needed and took the rest back to the cabin for the rest of the cruise. Does anyone know what the deal was? Was it tax free or 1/2 price for the 4th beer in the bucket?

Any help would be great.

The bucket always has 4 beers in it, and you get a little bit of a cut from what you'd pay for them individually. You still pay gratuity. I think at some locations you can choose 12 oz can or 16 oz bottle depending on your drink of choice. I think (4) 12 oz bucket runs about $16'ish, and (4) 16 oz bucket runs about $24'ish. Different brands are different prices and come bottled differently but this gives you some idea!!

Check out this thread on beer chart:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1357163

If you buy a bucket but don't drink it all, can you either take the rest to your cabin and put in your refridgerator or trade the warm one in for a cold one at the bar later? We were able to do that on NCL in the past. Also, if you buy a bottle of wine at dinner but don't drink it all....will they keep it for you, give you a claim-check type ticket and bring it out later? Again that was what they did on NCL and it was nice since we only wanted one glass of wine with dinner and it was much cheaper to buy a bottle.

You save 50 cents a beer, or $2.00 total, by ordering a bucket (4 beers). You can mix two different beers if desired. We always order buckets whether we drink them all at once or not, and just take them back to the room or other places around the ship.

If you buy a bucket but don't drink it all, can you either take the rest to your cabin and put in your refridgerator or trade the warm one in for a cold one at the bar later? We were able to do that on NCL in the past. Also, if you buy a bottle of wine at dinner but don't drink it all....will they keep it for you, give you a claim-check type ticket and bring it out later? Again that was what they did on NCL and it was nice since we only wanted one glass of wine with dinner and it was much cheaper to buy a bottle.

I never get a claim ticket but I just tell my waiter that we want to save the bottle for the next night, the following night it is sitting on the table waiting for us. I always do late seating though, never tried it for ATD.

The first day a deal was offered. A beer special if you ordered a bucket. Yes I did get the $2 off for the bucket after we left port. I thought it had a better deal because we got it the first day. Any ideas?

Thanks

The first day a deal was offered. A beer special if you ordered a bucket. Yes I did get the $2 off for the bucket after we left port. I thought it had a better deal because we got it the first day. Any ideas?

Thanks

First day thru the last day.....the price of buckets are the same......

You can purchase as many as you want or can carry and take to your cabin.......you can get ice from your room steward....no need to have the beer get hot........

Archived