Guy Fieri made me a burger!

tink24

Just got back from the Splendor 8/28 - 9/4 sailing. On our first sea day we walked past the grill and saw some yummy looking burgers already made with EVERYTHING you could possibly imagine on them. There were some guys behind the grill dressed in tight black t-shirts and most were blond. One was especially blond with spikey hair. I knew they couldn't possibly be the normal grill crew, but didn't think much of it at the time. The burgers were the best I have had possibly anywhere. We found out later that Guy Fieri had been onboard until Cabo. Carnival is testing him out with the hopes of offering gourmet burgers at the grill. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it works out because his burgers were AWESOME!

Wow what memory that made for you. My family met John Walsh in Nassau when he was doing a segment for AMW a couple of years ago, and that just made it all the more special for us. A very cool guy for sure.

Really like watching Guy on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. You're a lucky cruiser:D

Wow. Doubt if they would have the time to mass produce a gourtmet burger on the grill though.

The ones they make now are rather good.

I would imagine its not really the meat, but the toppings that would make them "gourmet".

Various toppings are pretty easy to incorporate..just like a burrito bar offerings.

does this mean "charge for" burgers are not too far away?

were they at least as good as 5 guys?

I'm afraid you may be right about the charging for gourmet burgers... like other speciality venues on the ships. I really like Guy Fieri and his TV shows but I wouldn't pay for a burger branded by him, though I'm sure a lot of folks would.

Maybe these burgers could be the ones served at dinner time. My DH would eat burgers for dinner as he's not a foodie like I am, lol. Who knows, i might even like them.

I love Guy!

They actually do have gourmet burgers on the dinner menu in the MDR. Have not tried it as of yet but heard that they are pretty good!

I also *heart* Guy - great shows, great recipes!!!

Maybe these burgers could be the ones served at dinner time. My DH would eat burgers for dinner as he's not a foodie like I am, lol. Who knows, i might even like them.

I love Guy!

That would be nice. Some "Red Robin" style burgers available in the MDR 1 or 2 nights per cruise. I'd have to bring my jumbo bottle of Red Robin seasoning! :D

Just got back from the Splendor 8/28 - 9/4 sailing. On our first sea day we walked past the grill and saw some yummy looking burgers already made with EVERYTHING you could possibly imagine on them. There were some guys behind the grill dressed in tight black t-shirts and most were blond. One was especially blond with spikey hair. I knew they couldn't possibly be the normal grill crew, but didn't think much of it at the time. The burgers were the best I have had possibly anywhere. We found out later that Guy Fieri had been onboard until Cabo. Carnival is testing him out with the hopes of offering gourmet burgers at the grill. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it works out because his burgers were AWESOME!

What kind of burger did you have?

Really like watching Guy on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. You're a lucky cruiser:D

Ditto that! I love that show! I love Guy! I watched him in the cooking challenge that ended up with the winner (Guy) getting his own show.

Here in Arizona, he has visited many of our little secret gems. Joe's Farm Grill, Matt's Big Breakfast, some carwash/Mexican restaurant combo, etc.

We were at Joe's the day he filmed but had to leave before they finished setting us the cameras and lights.

Carnival will make a great coo if they can get Guy.

Wow what memory that made for you. My family met John Walsh in Nassau when he was doing a segment for AMW a couple of years ago, and that just made it all the more special for us. A very cool guy for sure.

Sorry but LOL.

Archived