when are Spring Breaks over?

mapleleaves

I was considering a cruise to Mexico next March, nearer the end of the month, but I realized that Spring Breaks occur in March. I really don't want to cruise during a peak period for kids' holidays.

In looking thru reviews and posts I can't get a handle on when to travel. Can I assume the bulk of school breaks will be over by mid March? late March? Or should I look at April instead ? Now I'm looking at a Carnival Miracle cruise April 11.

Thanks for any input. :)

Edited by mapleleaves

We have been doing the Mexico itineraries during March and April for the last few years. Spring Breaks can occur during both of those months. We used to be afraid of cruising during those busy times but we have found that the families/children/teens have all been kept busy and have had not problems with them at all.

This year we are on the March 28 Carnival cruise and I didn't realize that Passover starts during the cruise and Easter Sunday is the day after we return. It is also during the NCAA basketball tournament which DH loves to watch on tv. I would imagine that lots of families will be around although right now it is more expensive than other similar cruises.

I guess my main point is don't worry about the families and just pick the cruise dates that are best for you!

The serenity area on the Carnival Miracle is a lovely adult only spot if you choose that ship.

thanks for the feedback! I think the April sailing seems to be the best option.

We are on this cruise. There is a small, but hopefully growing roll call.:D We aren't that concerned about the college spring breakers on this cruise.

The latest dates for Spring Break in the US typically will be Holy Week leading up to Easter. This applies to K-12. For colleges and universities, mid-semester is generally some time in March, usually 2nd to 4th week.

Holy Week? not sure about Easter, March/April? I'll check the calendar. I'm not religious so those dates don't register with me.

As much as possible I want avoid the partying college crowd AND the unruly 7-8 yr olds running around the ship. I think the April 11 sailing is the best bet.

Edited by mapleleaves

I have never seen the partying college crowd on any of the 7 day cruises to Mexico! That's not where they go at all. Carnival doesn't allow under 21s to book cabins unless they are with someone over 25.

It is just families with children and teens that are on board.

I have never seen the partying college crowd on any of the 7 day cruises to Mexico! That's not where they go at all. Carnival doesn't allow under 21s to book cabins unless they are with someone over 25.

I hadn't thought about the age requirement ... thanks!