Cabo question: Where is...

MaiTaiMary

Medano beach in relationship to the Marina area? :)

I went to Cabo about 14 years ago on a cruise. DH and I ate at Cabo Wabo. This is considered the "Marina area", right? Just trying to jog my memory.

This time we'll be going as a family with young kids. Sounds like Medano beach might be a good place to hang out during the day? If so, how far is it to get back to where we get the tender?

I went to Cabo about 14 years ago on a cruise. DH and I ate at Cabo Wabo. This is considered the "Marina area", right? Just trying to jog my memory.

This time we'll be going as a family with young kids. Sounds like Medano beach might be a good place to hang out during the day? If so, how far is it to get back to where we get the tender?

Medano is on the opposite side of the marina from the tender dock. I won't try to judge the distance, but would guess about a mile. If you walk, you need to get around the marina and walk over a hill to get there.

I would suggest taking a glass bottom boat to lands end, then have them drop you off at Medano. To get back, grab a land taxi back to the marina or downtown.

Medano Beach is pretty close. You can take a water taxi for about $3 pp each way. Be advised, however, that with a water taxi you will have to exit the boat in the shallow water on the beach. If the children are very young (or if anyone has mobility issues), this might be a problem for them. Ground taxis to Medano are always an option.

Also, if you are looking for a pretty cool experience, take a water taxi to Lovers Beach/Divorce Beach. It's fun to be able to say that you swam in 2 different oceans (yes, Cortez is a sea, but so few people really know the difference) in the same day. There are no services there (bring your own food and drink) but it's right at the edge of Land's End and is a fun place to sightsee, swim, explore, etc. You can actually do both sets if you want. Go to Lovers in the morning and then head for Medano around lunch time for food and drink and afternoon fun.

Here is an interactive map of the area.

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=22.882...1&z=16&l=0&m=b

Bob

I have to say that if you are traveling with small children and decide to take a water taxi those small children will have to jump of the end of the little boat while is is moving into some water. If I were traveling with small children I would take a land taxi. You can find them about one block in from the marina boardwalk. Agree on a TOTAL price before you get in. 3 of us did if for a total of $6.00. However, there will be many who try and get much more. Keep walking and asking taxi drivers their price. There is always one you will like.:)