Joyce Prince cost / Bernard

I keep reading the great reviews on her tours. I inquired about tour and she quoted $275 for two of us which appears high compared to what others are paying. Am I missing something in what others pay?

How does Bernard's compare?

Joyce's tours are completely private so no one in the vehicle with you. Her price per person goes down the more that are in your party. You may be seeing cheaper prices for tour companies that take many people in their vehicles. Bernard's does private tours as well but I don't think he is any cheaper.

Last time we did a private tour with Bernard's we were a family of 6 adults and the cost was $300.00.

That must have been a while ago, as Bernard's posted price for a private tour has been $360 for up to 5 and then an additional $40 per person after that.

Bernard runs basically a fleet of vehicles and can add individual seats to his regular tours for $40 or $45 per person. His private tours are obviously priced a bit higher.

Joyce only runs private tours, and her prices seem to be a bit less than Bernard, though they could work out to be expensive if you are just a couple, as it is just Joyce, and you are tying up her time and a vehicle for the day. Start adding people, like two or three couples and the price per person looks much more attractive.

Do note that it is basically only Joyce, so she can book up early, but you should be able to book a tour with Bernard without any problems.

gary

Thanks for the info

Think we safe just going to do Bernard

I guess the lower prices with Joyce were bigger groups

We did Regatta last year in St Maarten so wanted to tour the island

Appreciate the quick replies

That must have been a while ago, as Bernard's posted price for a private tour has been $360 for up to 5 and then an additional $40 per person after that.

Bernard runs basically a fleet of vehicles and can add individual seats to his regular tours for $40 or $45 per person. His private tours are obviously priced a bit higher.

Joyce only runs private tours, and her prices seem to be a bit less than Bernard, though they could work out to be expensive if you are just a couple, as it is just Joyce, and you are tying up her time and a vehicle for the day. Start adding people, like two or three couples and the price per person looks much more attractive.

Do note that it is basically only Joyce, so she can book up early, but you should be able to book a tour with Bernard without any problems.

gary

Joyce has other people she uses for her tours as well. If she is booked she will ask you if you are ok touring with one of her drivers.

• 4 weeks later...

We took a tour with Joyce last Oct. and it was awesome! We were with our son, DIL and 4 year old granddaughter. My son and his wife are foodies and love to sample native foods, not the tourist places. At the end of our tour Joyce took us to her home where we had a home cooked about 5 course family meal. After many visits to St. Maarten, this was definitely a highlight. She works hard to plan a tour that you are totally happy with. She was well worth the money.