RCI scrapbook kit?

Does anyone know if RCI sells a special scrapbook kit onboard with RCI logo, etc included? I am going on a family ladies cruise in sept and would like to make each of them a mini scrapbook after the cruise. I made one from my honeymoom by cutting out pictures out of the vacation planner brochures they send out, but I was just curious if there is any sort of kit you can buy. Thanks

We were on splendour in April and they actually had a class you could attend on board. They handed out cut outs including the crown and anchor (RCCL symble). My DH came along for the class and took a set for our DD. I didn't see a book in the shops though:(

The photo gallery has a scrapbook and kit of materials. We also attended the scrapbook class and made lots of neat embellishments for pages, as well as taking home the crown & anchor, word "vacation" and "cruise," and some other things.

I buy a lot of scrapbooking supplies at Tropicalscrapbooking.com

I don't think they have the crown & anchor but they have a ton of good scrapbooking supplies. Especially for cruises.

In fact, for mother's day I just got finished scrapbooking my parents 4/30/06 EOS cruise and I got all of my supplies from that web site.

No, I don't work for them....I just love their stuff.

They had both the scrapbooking classes and the RCI kit (for sale during the second class and also in the photo gallery) on the Enchantment. I understand that they are just trying to figure out how and when to offer the classes, testing them to see how the response is.

Just got off the Mariner and attended the scrapbooking class...it was basically not a "class" but an opportunity to make a page using their supplies...it is an 8x11 page though...so not the big 12x12 that I usually do.

The RC photo albums are in the photo area....they were on sale for $25 part of the cruise...the best deal but they are magnetic pages. I have used these twice in the past and the page edges always turn yellow. The co. exchanged them once but the new ones also were yellow within the year. You can check these out at http://www.cruisealbums.com. You can only buy the RCCL logo albums on board but they are the size of the ones on this website.

Stop! My scrapbooking addiction is already too strong..... these new sites are not helping me! LOL

Thanks for the great tips!

Has anyone ever done a scrapbooking cruise? Talk about the ultimate addiction!

The RC photo albums are in the photo area....they were on sale for $25 part of the cruise...the best deal but they are magnetic pages. I have used these twice in the past and the page edges always turn yellow. The co. exchanged them once but the new ones also were yellow within the year.

The pages probably contain lignin, a substance found in the pulp used to make the paper.

Always use acid-free and lignin-free products when dealing with your pictures; this will prevent the pages (as well as the photos) from turning yellow and decaying.

Stop! My scrapbooking addiction is already too strong..... these new sites are not helping me! LOL

Thanks for the great tips!

Has anyone ever done a scrapbooking cruise? Talk about the ultimate addiction!

Thank You, hehe.

Monarch had a class too. I didn't make it as it conflicted with my Bingo addiction.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I sometimes give arts and crafts classes on RCI ships (2-3 times a year) and one of the classes I used to do was scrapbooking. Then the word came down from RCI that they were planning to offer this on all ships (I like to think due to the popularity of my classes! :p ) so I can't do those anymore.

The RCI classes on my last cruise conflicted with the times of the classes I was giving on my last cruise, so I haven't been to one yet. But you can assume there will be one or more offered on any given cruise, at least in the near future.

So we'll be making other stuff on the Serenade in another week!

I hummed and hawed over buying the scrapbook kit while on the Rhapsody last April. By the time I decided, the photo shop was sold out of them. :( I loved the fact the materials in the kit were so specific to the actual ship. I'll have to wait till I go on the Rhapsody again and then buy two! I've tried to order them but found out you can only buy them on board. I'll have to check out the websites suggested.

I hummed and hawed over buying the scrapbook kit while on the Rhapsody last April. By the time I decided, the photo shop was sold out of them. :( I loved the fact the materials in the kit were so specific to the actual ship. I'll have to wait till I go on the Rhapsody again and then buy two! I've tried to order them but found out you can only buy them on board. I'll have to check out the websites suggested.

Do the materials actually make reference to the ships name? Thanks

Do the materials actually make reference to the ships name? Thanks

Ummm....I want to say yes, but now that I think about it, I can't say for sure. :eek: I know that it has RCCL logo for sure, but whether it says the actual ship's name, I can't be positive. Sorry about that.

One cruise I was on (doing scrapbooking and other 'saving your family history' classes), was actually a "Scrapbooking Cruise". I quaked in fear that the true pro's would turn out for my class and expose me for the rank amateur I am! :p But they had their own seminars, which lasted pretty much all day each sea day.

I met some of the gals one night on deck and one of them said that her luggage had gotten lost and one of them was her scrapbooking stuff. One entire pilot case of hers was scrapbooking things. (Of course, I can relate because one entire suitcase of mine is filled with scissors, glue, and supplies for 300 people (3 classes x 100) - which makes it pretty tight to get everything else into one other suitcase for a week!)

Anyone know if the Splendour offers the class and has the kit for sale?

On our crossing this last Apr it had the class listed a few times in the 12 days...I would think they do it on the other cruises also not jsut the crossing one.:cool:

We happen to be at other things so iImissed going each of the times it was going. Hate have to pick one or the other thing to do

What actually comes in the kit. I am very picky about my books, but can work around other things.

As I recall from what I could depict from the outside of the package (since I didn't actually buy it, open it up, and check the contents), there was several sheets (I can't even remember what size the sheets were), accessories of boats, anchors, letters, borders, etc. There were items related to the ports of call (Cozumel, Key West etc.). I just remember it was perfect because the whole kit had things linked to the Rhapsody. I just wish I would've bought it!! :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived