Bringing a cake from foreign port on board

BonnieVA

IF we take our April cruise (economy's got me worried) my son will celebrate his b'day the day we're in Grand Cayman. Rather than buying a cake from the ship (they don't provide free ones anymore acc to my TA)we'd like to buy a cake in GC. Will we be allowed to bring it on the ship or will we have to eat it in GC?!

DW will be celebrating her birthday while on our TA crossing in December. A cake was arranged for her through the ship just by asking when I booked. The info from the web site is:

Q:What if I am celebrating a special occasion?

A:Complimentary cakes for special occasions such as birthdays, honeymoons or anniversaries must be requested prior departure. There will be a fee if requested directly onboard. For additonal requests for your celebration, just notify us beforehand and we’ll let you know all details

Also, in respone to the question of bringing one aboard:

In order to ensure our health and security standards, starting November 1st 2008, it will be strictly forbidden to bring food and beverage onboard the vessels of our fleet.

In compliance with this regulation and in order to guarantee the above standards, during embarkation a careful check control will be carried out through all passengers luggage.

In order to facilitate the embarkation process, we ask that you please avoid bringing any food and beverage or transporting any food and beverage as part of your luggage.

Hope this clears things up for you and have a happy birthday celebration.

DW will be celebrating her birthday while on our TA crossing in December. A cake was arranged for her through the ship just by asking when I booked. The info from the web site is:

Q:What if I am celebrating a special occasion?

A:Complimentary cakes for special occasions such as birthdays, honeymoons or anniversaries must be requested prior departure. There will be a fee if requested directly onboard. For additonal requests for your celebration, just notify us beforehand and we’ll let you know all details

Also, in respone to the question of bringing one aboard:

In order to ensure our health and security standards, starting November 1st 2008, it will be strictly forbidden to bring food and beverage onboard the vessels of our fleet.

In compliance with this regulation and in order to guarantee the above standards, during embarkation a careful check control will be carried out through all passengers luggage.

In order to facilitate the embarkation process, we ask that you please avoid bringing any food and beverage or transporting any food and beverage as part of your luggage.

Hope this clears things up for you and have a happy birthday celebration.

Huh, my TA supposedly looked into that for me about a month ago (I had read about it as well) but was told they no longer do the complimentary cakes.

And that really stinks about NO food being allowed to be brought on even at embarkation! When travelling w/ our 4 boys it's important that I have snacks at all times (for port time) because they get hungry at a moment's notice. I carry granola bars, etc, EVERYWHERE I go ... esp when travelling.

Thanks for the info.

Archived