Hotel on Beach

cheeks78734

I am leaving on a cruise 3/21/2015. I have seen all the recommendations for hotels on 17th street area. Hotels are really pricey at this time due to Spring Breaks around the country. Where could I look to get a hotel on the beach? And how much would a taxi from Ft Lauderdale airport cost?

The most moderate priced beach hotel would be standard rooms at Bahia Mar. It's a hilton doubletree. It is across the street from the beach with a walking bridge over the road. You can use any sites to book or I'd look on the hotel website, join the hilton honors program and you might get it a little less.

If you want a particular hotel, I would not book on blind discount sites as you could end up quite north on the beach. The beach covers a distance. Depending on the hotel you book, cab to the hotel could run $15-$25. Same to the port. Hotels like the Bahia Mar would be on the lower side of cab fares.

Lago Mar and Marriott Harbour Beach are both great, about a mile away from the port, but neither is cheap. Sheraton Fort Lauderdale beach a little more moderate in price but is just a 3 star hotel, also a little over a mile. All three are smack on the sand, no crossing a street to get to the beach like most Fort Lauderdale hotels.

The airport is only a few miles from the port. But you will want to head to Fort Lauderdale to be only 2 or 3 miles from the port. And near/on the beach.

If cost is no object, yes there are other hotels like mentioned. Lago Mar is a very nice self contained $$$ resort right on the beach. I mentioned Bahia because you were concerned with pricing during March. Sheraton is a large hotel with 3 or 4 sections. Some across the street and some on the beach side.

Why not head to tripadvisor and do a little research for the beach hotels. I am afraid you won't like the rates. They will be high as the beach. More than staying on 17th St when it's going to be beach weather.

I see you could get the Marriott courtyard on Seabreeze for about $225 plus taxes. That's a decent price for a weekend in March.

Edited by eandj

Thanks I should have been clear. I figured if I was going to have to pay big bucks any way I might as well be on the beach. I got a lot of good info.

I just stayed at the Sheraton Beach Resort last week. I got it for $134 on LMT. It is right on the beach and I found it to be a lovely hotel. We ate dinner in the Mexican restaurant in the hotel and had a very good meal. Taxi from the FLL airport was around $30 and from hotel to ship at Port Everglades was $15(plus tip). I would not hesitate to stay there again.

The Sheraton is broken up into several buildings. Some rooms across the street are poorly "decorated" with no views. So if you choose this one know the rooms really vary as well as pricing. The nicest rooms are on the beach side.

The standard room in March will be near $200, not what Marie got it for in off season.;)

Edited by eandj

Thanks for the reply. Are there anymore hotels directly on the beach that aren't to far from FLL and Port. I know the beach is 7 miles long but the only hotels that are mentioned alot are the ones around 17th and the ones at Dania Beach.

There are plenty of Ft Lauderdale beach hotels mentioned on the Florida boards. No beach hotels have shuttles, free parking, or free breakfast, and they are higher priced, so cruisers tend to stay elsewhere. These hotels are directly on the beach and are a $20-25 taxi ride from FLL airport (from closest to furthest)...the first 2 are the nicest:

Lago Mar

Marriott Harbor Beach

Sheraton Beach

Pelican Grand (the newest built of all of these)

Sun Tower

$35 ride from the airport:

Ocean Manor Resort

Ocean Sky Hotel

There aren't any other hotels directly on the beach because no one else is allowed to build there.

Edited by royalcruz

The road cuts in front of a lot of the good hotels so I wouldn't concentrate so much on being on the ocean.

The Snooze Inn is very bargain priced.

This is a great value. BUT they have minimum stays. Avoids the one night cruise crowd.

The Sheraton is broken up into several buildings. Some rooms across the street are poorly "decorated" with no views. So if you choose this one know the rooms really vary as well as pricing. The nicest rooms are on the beach side.

The standard room in March will be near $200, not what Marie got it for in off season.;)

Yes, rates will most likely be higher in the spring. Booking with LMT I expected to get the worst location but to my surprise we got an oceanfront room so I was very pleased.