Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Discussion Topics > Hotels - Pre & Post-Cruise

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old June 27th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default Why

Why isn't this section just deleted if it's not used?

Oceania Insignia San Juan Caribbean Delights; Nov 30 2014,7 Night
Celebrity Equinox Ultimate Caribbean; Jan 2, 2015 10 night
Oceania Marina Sydney-Papeete Grand Voyage; Feb 23 2016 32 night

Been There Done That Celebrity Summit Canada/New England; Oct 5, 2014 14 Night// Oceania Riviera Venice-Rome Aug 15, 2014 7 Night w/B2B Rome-Rome Aug 22, 2014 10 Night// Oceania Regatta Bermuda/Charleston; Apr 19, 2014 12 Night// RCCL Independence of The Seas Feb 9th, 2014 Western Caribbean 6 Night// Oceania Riviera Istanbul-Barcelona; Nov 6 2013 12 Night w/B2B Barcelona- Miami TA Nov 18th 14 Night// Celebrity Solstice Alaska; May 31, 2013 7 Night// 2/4/2013 Celebrity Constellation-- B2B Caribbean; 5 Night + 2/09/2013 Constellation 5 Night// 11/26/2012 Celebrity Equinox--Transatlantic 14 night// 5/3/12 Oceania Regatta--Tahiti/Hawaii 21 night// 10/28/11 Celebrity Infinity--Panama Canal 15 night// 11/12/10 Celebrity Millennium--E Caribbean 10 night// 10/12/09 Oceania Insignia--Med 10 night// 08/16/08 Regent Paul Gauguin--Tahiti 11 night// 01/26/08 Golden Princess--Mex Riviera 7 night// 01/07/07 Costa Magica--E Carib 7 night// 12/6/04 Silversea Whisper--S Carib 7 night// 6/04 Carnival Jubilee--Carib 4 night// 2/02 Carnival Imagination--Carib 5 night// 3/31/97 Carnival Ecstasy--W Carib 4 night

Last edited by ORV; June 27th, 2010 at 11:13 AM.

Old June 27th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Cruise Critic Host

Location: La Marque, TX... about 9 miles from Galveston Island
Default Just trying to help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORV View Post
Why isn't this section just deleted if it's not used?
Per our Community Manager LauraS in the Who Are We? section in FAQ:

... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Community Manager
Cruise Critic
community@cruisecritic.com

An e-mail to Management is the quickest way for all members to get their questions, comments & concerns about Cruise Critic policies or site feedback to the correct place. They are not to be posted on the message board. It is impossible for Management to read each post on each thread to see the questions, comments or concerns.

As for the Hosts/Moderators, we are not Management or employed by Cruise Critic. We are non-paid volunteers trying to help "direct traffic" and as stated in the Who are Hosts? The Community Manager? section in FAQ:

Hosts oversee specific forums. They generally have the ability to edit and delete posts, move threads, and perform other actions. Becoming a Host for a specific forum is usually rewarded to users who are particularly helpful and knowledgeable in the subject of the forum they are hosting.

The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Hosts. You may contact the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com

Please note, in the newer FAQ sections added with the last system update, you will find references to certain options or features not in use at this time.

[IMG]http://skins.***********/skins/mailskins/em/082502/082502btw_prv.gif[/IMG], all e-mails & Report Post e-mails sent to Cruise Critic from your Cruise Critic e-mail address of record are answered in the order received. With 584,739 members as I type this reply and e-mails being received 24/7 from all over the world, please be patient for any reply or action.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful!
Kat [IMG]http://skins.***********/skins/mailskins/em/110105/110105_emYA42_prv.gif[/IMG]

Being happy does not mean everything is perfect. It means you have decided to look beyond the imperfections.
.................................................. ..
1988 Commodore Caribe I, 1996 Commodore Enchanted Isle, 1998 Carnival Sensation, 2000 Celebrity Century, 2001 Carnival Celebration, 2002 Carnival Jubilee, 2004 Carnival Glory, 2005 Royal Caribbean International Rhapsody of The Seas, 2007 Carnival Conquest, 2010 Celebrity Infinity, 2011 Carnival Conquest, 2011 Celebrity Summit, 2014 Carnival Sensation

Old September 10th, 2010, 09:23 PM
5,000+ Club

Smile something new

i will put in a new post too hopefully get us started again here. how do you choose your hotel in the port city?? brand of hotel, cost or what location it is in?? in seattle i always choose downtown too be close too the dock and pikes market. the light rail helps now in getting back and forth to seatac. i know there are a ton of ideas on the northwestern departure location thread but hey, we can use some new stuff here as you said.

norwegian pearl-glacier bay alaska 09/15/13- sister and friend--CANT WAIT
carnival spirit-tracy arm alaska 05/11-coworker
carnival spirit-tracy arm alaska 06/10-family cruise
carnival fantasy-western caribbean 9/09-solo
norwegian pearl-alaska glacier bay 05/09-solo
carnival victory-new england/canada 9/07-solo
carnival spirit-glacier bay 5/05-with a friend
carnival spirit-glacier bay 09/03

Old September 10th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Cruise Critic Host

Location: La Marque, TX... about 9 miles from Galveston Island
Smile Just trying to help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyroad View Post
i will put in a new post too hopefully get us started again here. how do you choose your hotel in the port city?? brand of hotel, cost or what location it is in?? in seattle i always choose downtown too be close too the dock and pikes market. the light rail helps now in getting back and forth to seatac. i know there are a ton of ideas on the northwestern departure location thread but hey, we can use some new stuff here as you said.
Please note the Sticky at the top of this forum titled Information about this Forum being CLOSED states the following:

Since we've opened regional Homeport forums, we'll be transferring the information from this Hotels forum into their new home this week.

In this way, we will have "one stop shopping" for your pre-cruise destination information for North American homeports.

We will open a "priceline" thread in each area for your convenience.

Laura

This forum is closed. That's why as posts appear here they are moved to the correct forums. I am now closing this thread.

For questions concerning hotels, you need to post your inquiries on the Homeport forums or Ports of Call forums. I'm so sorry I forgot to put this information in my previous post on this thread.

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation and understanding,
Kat [IMG]http://skins.***********/skins/mailskins/em/070106/070106YA43_prv.gif[/IMG]

Last edited by Host Kat >^..^<; June 18th, 2011 at 05:56 PM. Reason: corrected information