Celebrity Summit-Informal, Casual Nights

jennbill

Not sure if it was just on our 5/20 Summit to Alaska or not, but we had only one Informal night. Let's just say my husband was not really pleased that he took up the room taking a sports coat for one informal night. My advice: forget the sports coat and opt for the informal dining option. Same food, just informal venue.

Sharon

On our 8th July Summit Alaska (Southbound) cruise, we only had one informal night, two formal and the rest were casual. Also, lobster night was not a formal night on this cruise. (I know, I should get over this, but I'm still surprised!)

Evidently, Alaska is Different.

Lisa

I was on the same cruise as Lisa. I think it makes a difference if you are doing Northbound vs. Soutbound as to which night is the 2nd Formal night. Here is what we had for dress code July 8th Southbound Seward to Vancouver:

Day 1: Friday - Casual

Day 2: Saturday - Formal

Day 3: Sunday - Casual

Day 4: Monday - Casual

Day 5: Tuesday - Formal

Day 6: Wednesday - Informal

Day 7: Thursday - Casual

Hope this helps.

Anne Maria

Northbound Summit on June 17, 2005

Night 1, 4, 5 and 7 Casual.

Night 2 and 6 Formal with Lobster on Night 6.

Informal Night 3

I changed my required attire one evening from "Casual" to "Informal" to get a 2nd wearing out of my sports coat. Be wary of the advise to forego the sports coat and have dinner at the casual venue since "it's the same food." It IS NOT the same menu.

Les

Hate to carry a blazer for just one night. Do I need a tie for informal or is a blazer, slacks and dress shirt okay? Trying to pack as lightly as possible but still want to fit in with everyone else.

Sailed her 14 day Panama Crossing in May. There were a total of 7 formal/informal nights (I dont remember the exact combination) and 7 casual nights.

Hubby packed a sport jacket for those informal nights - only to see many passengers just wore casual clothes - mainly shortsleeves polo shirts and golf shirts, on informal nights. There is NO dress code enforcement whatsoever.

For an Alaska itinerary, I would imagine the atmosphere would be more relaxed than a 14-day Panama crossing.

Informal night means Jacket and Slack, no tie.

Sailed her 14 day Panama Crossing in May. There were a total of 7 formal/informal nights (I dont remember the exact combination) and 7 casual nights.

Hubby packed a sport jacket for those informal nights - only to see many passengers just wore casual clothes - mainly shortsleeves polo shirts and golf shirts, on informal nights. There is NO dress code enforcement whatsoever.

For an Alaska itinerary, I would imagine the atmosphere would be more relaxed than a 14-day Panama crossing.

Informal night means Jacket and Slack, no tie.

I found the same thing on the Infinity in Alaska. I wore the sportcoat the first informal night then never again as no one else did or cared.

Archived