Solo Alaska

oma&opa

Never occurred to me until just now....

I assume it is safe for a woman alone to sight-see Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway? The streets and shops around the port, bus to the glacier, walk to the falls?

Yes perfectly safe, I've done it 3 times solo along with other Alaskan ports. There will be lots of other people around, enjoy yourself! :D

Sue

Did those ports last year on a cruise with DD, but she and I tend to split up and go our separate ways ashore. I never felt unsafe once. Of course, I minded my valuables and stayed alert, but there was never, not once, any indication of foul play. Others are right, the ports are overrun with tourists (esp. if there are lots of ships in port at the same time), and many of those tourists also split up and go their separate ways. So you will be in the company of lots of people in the same boat (literally, heehee!), venturing out alone.

In Alaska, everyone is so delighted to be there that even strangers will check in with each other on how the trip is going. So even if you get off the beaten path, there will almost always be someone nearby who seems happy to see you. Not threatening or dangerous, happy. :)

Never occurred to me until just now....

I assume it is safe for a woman alone to sight-see Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway? The streets and shops around the port, bus to the glacier, walk to the falls?

I did Alaska solo cruise once in 2008, felt safe. That was my first solo cruise, and I have since then gone solo on cruises, and love it.