Question About Parking in Fort Lauderdale

Mary El

Hi folks! Was wondering if I can drop off our car a couple days ahead of our cruise. We are sailing on the Constellation on 1/28/08 and would like to park our car on 1/25 or 1/26. Is that possible?

Also, a couple of other questions - - how much is it per day to park at the cruise ship terminal? And are there other options where we can park our car besides at the cruise ship terminal? We are staying at the Regency Marriott and they charge $15 per day and I know I can park somewhere else cheaper.

And yet another question! How far away is the Regency Marriott from the cruise ship terminal?

Thanks for all your help.

Hi Mary El,

Try the Park-n-Fly lot in Fort Lauderdale. If you go to their website, they may tell you that the lot is not available for Port parking. However, call their 800 number and you will find you can leave your car there. They will shuttle you to your ship and pick you up. Cost is about $10/day.

Hi folks! Was wondering if I can drop off our car a couple days ahead of our cruise. We are sailing on the Constellation on 1/28/08 and would like to park our car on 1/25 or 1/26. Is that possible?

Also, a couple of other questions - - how much is it per day to park at the cruise ship terminal? And are there other options where we can park our car besides at the cruise ship terminal? We are staying at the Regency Marriott and they charge $15 per day and I know I can park somewhere else cheaper.

And yet another question! How far away is the Regency Marriott from the cruise ship terminal?

Thanks for all your help.

I'm curious as to why you want to park your car several days before the cruise. If you do that, how are you going to get around in Ft Lauderdale while waiting to go to the pier and the ship??? :confused: At any rate, check out this website: http://www.airportparkngo.com. You should be able to find out anything you want to know about parking. This outfit is pretty good, reliable, and reasonable parking rates. Check it out. By the way, parking in the garage at the port is $15 per day. ;)

Howard 6933: the reason why we want to drop our car off a couple of days before the cruise is because we are going to rent a minivan when we get to Fort Lauderdale (Friday night), to pick up 4 more people who are flying in from Germany. No reason to pay for parking at the Marriott for 2 vehicles.

Thanks for your responses and will look into parking at the airport. Good idea.

Mary El, the last time we went out of Ft Lauderdale we parked in the parking garage which was just across the street from the terminal we went out of. I think the cost was $10 or $12 per day. The parking garage provides greater protection from the elements during your cruise. We had to park in an open lot in Miami and they had several storms while we were gone. When we returned we found that our car may have been hit by lightening. The cars electrical system was pretty messed up and it wasn't that way when we parked.

Also, you'll need to get through security to get into the port. They check your ticket and passport. You may want to give Terminal Security a call prior to going down there to see if they will allow you to park early.

Archived