New to Uber or Lyft from FLL to Miami hotel

colesc15

Hi guys! So the wife and I have a cruise out of Miami in March. We're flying in Thursday afternoon to Fll and we're staying at the comfort suites Miami north. We've never used uber or Lyft before but open to it. Is Lyft the same as uber? Are these going to be my two easiest and cheapest options? Our cruise leaves Friday so we really don't need a rental car. We're also departing from Fll so to get from the port of Miami on that Sunday to FLL the easiest again by using uber or Lyft? Let me know your experience!

Uber and Lyft are similar ride sharing services, but are two separate companies with different smart phone apps and rules.

Not sure why you are staying at a budget hotel in an unattractive area near the MIA airport - why pay $40+ to get to a hotel that offers not much except for a free shuttle to POM? :confused: I would stay near FLL and just make my way to POM the next morning using Uber, Lyft or one of the many shared shuttles, but it is your call. http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info. ;)

From POM back to FLL takes 45-60+ minutes, depending upon traffic. Traffic should be light on Sunday. We have not yet used Uber from POM to FLL - our experience is that the shared shuttles for about $15 per person are efficient and reliable - check with SAS, QLS and others suggested on this board regularly.

Uber and Lyft are similar ride sharing services, but are two separate companies with different smart phone apps and rules.

Not sure why you are staying at a budget hotel in an unattractive area near the MIA airport - why pay $40+ to get to a hotel that offers not much except for a free shuttle to POM? :confused: I would stay near FLL and just make my way to POM the next morning using Uber, Lyft or one of the many shared shuttles, but it is your call. http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info. ;)

From POM back to FLL takes 45-60+ minutes, depending upon traffic. Traffic should be light on Sunday. We have not yet used Uber from POM to FLL - our experience is that the shared shuttles for about $15 per person are efficient and reliable - check with SAS, QLS and others suggested on this board regularly.

Thank you! The original plan was to just fly directly into mia and so I prepaid the hotel and then once flights were out the prices priced us out of flying into mia (we're saving like 300 per person flying to FLL instead of MIA). Can you tell me what sas and qls stand for? Is it prebooked shuttles with people or? Thank you:)

Thank you! The original plan was to just fly directly into mia and so I prepaid the hotel and then once flights were out the prices priced us out of flying into mia (we're saving like 300 per person flying to FLL instead of MIA). Can you tell me what sas and qls stand for? Is it prebooked shuttles with people or? Thank you:)

Yes pre booked shuttles. Google shuttles from FLL and Miami, however many of those DO NOT go to Mia airport hotels. SAS and QLS ( Quality Limo Service?) are just abbreviations for the companies.

• 3 weeks later...

Jiffy Jeff Transportation goes to south beach and all hotels..prices vary depending on location. They also do all airport to cruise port and back shuttles. They are very reliable and have great drivers. I also suggest not staying in Miami...ft lauderdale is much nicer...then take a shuttle the next day to the cruise. Call jiffy Jeff for a quote..he is the only one in town I would use. http://Www.gojiffyjeff.com 305-588-6143

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does SAS, GO Airport Shuttle or QLS also offer service between FLL and a South Beach hotel? Anyone done this and can share their experience? We just don't want to be on a shuttle bus for 2 hours to get to our hotel. Thanks for any help.

Go Airport will make SB runs, but you might be better off with Uber for about $40-45+, depending upon your hotel locaiton

We are also flying into FLL and staying at a Miami beach hotel (pre cruise) and when I looked at pricing for Uber from FLL to MIA beach, the rate was between $25-33, so not bad at all. Definitely a heck of a lot cheaper than the $60+ we paid last time for a shuttle.

And to clarify, when we want to go from our Miami beach hotel to the port on Sunday, Uber CAN drop us off right where we need to be at the port, correct?

We are in need of a shuttle also and don't arrive until evening. The shuttles are high, so looking at Uber. Our concern is two people with 2 large suitcases and 2 carry-ons. Are the cars able to handles this? We are going from Fort Lauderdale airport to Miami hotel.

We are in need of a shuttle also and don't arrive until evening. The shuttles are high, so looking at Uber. Our concern is two people with 2 large suitcases and 2 carry-ons. Are the cars able to handles this? We are going from Fort Lauderdale airport to Miami hotel.

I rode in a couple of UberXs in San Francisco last week and both of the vehicles could have carried suitcases and carry-ons easily. You could always put one of the suitcases in the backseat and have one of the passengers sit in the front, as long as the driver did not mind. :)