Post-Cruise Shopping Day Suggestions request

renech

We will be getting off our ship in Miami and have a late flight out of FLL. We are renting a car and would like to spend the day doing some local shopping and having lunch.

I have been to Los Olas Blvd that is west of Riverside Hotel, but didn't see as much shopping to make me want to return there. Is there some good shopping east of Riverside that I didn't see?

Or would going to Miami, maybe South Beach area be a better option? Is there public parking available?

I considered going to Hollywood to the broadwalk area also since I've never been there, but I'm totally unfamiliar with what kinds of shops are there, or if it's mostly just hotels and eateries.

Any input appreciated!

We will be getting off our ship in Miami and have a late flight out of FLL. We are renting a car and would like to spend the day doing some local shopping and having lunch.

I have been to Los Olas Blvd that is west of Riverside Hotel, but didn't see as much shopping to make me want to return there. Is there some good shopping east of Riverside that I didn't see?

Or would going to Miami, maybe South Beach area be a better option? Is there public parking available?

I considered going to Hollywood to the broadwalk area also since I've never been there, but I'm totally unfamiliar with what kinds of shops are there, or if it's mostly just hotels and eateries.

Any input appreciated!

Aventura Mall (Aventura - north of Miami)

Galleria Mall (Fort Lauderdale - south of Las Olas)

Sawgrass Mills Mall (west of Fort Lauderdale)

There is nothing along Hollywood Beach Broadwalk other than restaurants, hotels/motels, and swimsuit shops.

Edited by brunello22

Sawgrass Mills in Fort Lauderdale. Swap Shop flea market also Fort Lauderdale. (I never have money leftover after a cruise!!!):D

NO!! Not the Swap Shop! Go to The Festival instead! Better shopping and isn't so rachet!

OP, go to Sawgrass (largest outlet mall in the US) and third largest mall.

Or Aventura, second largest mall in the US.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm actually more interested in local shops, as opposed to malls. We live in the Chicago area with a ton of malls! Although, I am going to look up The Festival to see what that's about.

Is there a specific area of South Beach with a lot of shops? It would be nice to walk around there and grab some lunch.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm actually more interested in local shops, as opposed to malls. We live in the Chicago area with a ton of malls! Although, I am going to look up The Festival to see what that's about.

Is there a specific area of South Beach with a lot of shops? It would be nice to walk around there and grab some lunch.

I would focus on spending the day on South Beach, as there is so much to do. Lincoln Road (entire length), Collins Ave (from around 10th Street south to 5th Street), and Washington (from Lincoln Road south to 5th Street) Ave all have unique local shops and lots of restaurants to keep you entertained all day.

Also, it is fun to check out the lobby and pool areas of the many beachfront hotels along Collins Ave.

While I enjoy Festival Flea Market, it is a bit of a drive from Miami.

Edited by brunello22

NO!! Not the Swap Shop! Go to The Festival instead! Better shopping and isn't so rachet!

OP, go to Sawgrass (largest outlet mall in the US) and third largest mall.

Or Aventura, second largest mall in the US.

I have never been to swap shop but it looks interesting. Where is Festival?

I found Festival. It's in Pompano beach. How fare from FLL? That's the one i saw pictures of and it looks nice. Any bars near by so the men can hang while we shop?:confused:

Festival Flea Market to FLL is approximately 30 minutes.

Sample Road has mostly fast food restaurants nearby, however there is a local brewery not too far away, Bangin' Banjo Brewing, and they have a tasting room :D

Edited by brunello22

There are about 30 boutiques and art galleries on Las Olas Blvd east of Riverside Hotel.