Coco Cay Cancellations - More Common at a Certain Time of Year?

CookieDiva

Can anyone tell me if there's a more prominent time of the year when the ships cannot stop in Coco Cay?

I'm kind of our trip planner and would like to forewarn my fellow travelers if necessary.

TIA

Not sure there is a definitive answer. I would say that the time of year when seas/winds are higher/stronger you will get more missed stops in Coco Cay, but have no hard data. We have miss Coco Cay in bright sunshine, but rough seas.

We also have missed Coco Cay in spring/fall and winter having never sail there in summer months.

We did make it to Coco Cay this past January. They did stop tendering for a short period though.

Edited by shipshape sam

We've had really good luck getting to Coco Cay but one time the current suddenly strengthened making it really difficult to get back to the ship. We have been to Coco Cay in Spring, Summer, Winter and Fall.

On the other hand, my brother-in-law has missed it every time it was on a cruise itinerary. Then we all cruised together and...yep...we had to miss it. He was so mad and said he didn't believe Coco Cay really exists. He called it "mythological' and swore never to book an itinerary with Coco Cay on it.

In short Coco Cay is very much at the mercy of the weather.

• 2 weeks later...