Looking to meet fellow solo Crystal cruise lovers

haikou

Having tried Carnival once(never again) NCLL once(maybe but not likely) and having sailed on Crystal 12 times, it is my cruise line of choice I would like to find other solos/singles who may cruise less often but prefer the experience of smaller ships , with a more upscale cruise experience(ie what are considered luxury lines)

I haven't cruised Crystal -yet. I've been looking at Crystal for the past few months and I like what I see. The prices for a solo aren't much more than I spend now. It won't be this year, but maybe 2017.

I've always been a P and O girl but have been looking at both Regent and Crystal because their single supplement is lower so for the extra luxury I wouldn't be paying that much more than on P and O where you pay almost double for a balcony cabin.

I've been on two Crystal cruises solo so far, and my next two are already reserved (2017 and 2018). The cruises were wonderful, the value terrific, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself each time. My first was a transatlantic, the second a transpacific -- both had lots of sea days and few port stops. There are (comparatively) a lot of solo passengers on Crystal, particularly on these trans-oceanic cruises -- sometimes 10-15% of the cabins have a solo occupant. I thought Crystal was very welcoming to solos in that they treated them exactly like everyone else (with a few exceptions regarding dining, and even those are optional).

• 3 weeks later...

It's rare to find anything less than $300-$350 per day, but given that I'd pay probably $300/day for a 100% solo supplement on a less comfortable ship with less service and worse food (and without extras like drinks, specialty dining, gratuities), I'd rather take the value of a Crystal cruise.

For example, I just looked some numbers up: For a 2016 Westbound transatlantic, it would cost me $356 a day to travel solo in an unobstructed window cabin of about 200 sq ft on Crystal, vs costing me $305 per day to travel solo in an unobstructed window cabin of about 175 sq ft on Celebrity (plus whatever extras I pay for beverages, dining, etc). I'll choose Crystal ;)

I've sailed Crystal twice and loved both experiences. The quality of food and service is exceptional. The itineraries are great.

My problem is that the average Crystal customer is a bit older than I am. Someday (when I'm a bit older), I'll probably return to Crystal, but right now it's not a good fit for me.

I've sailed Crystal twice and loved both experiences. The quality of food and service is exceptional. The itineraries are great.

My problem is that the average Crystal customer is a bit older than I am. Someday (when I'm a bit older), I'll probably return to Crystal, but right now it's not a good fit for me.

I am 55 now but took my first Crystal cruise in 2009 at 48.Honestly some of the nicest passengers I have met on board are old enough to be my parents(or much older siblings! :).What is important is the attitude of an individual guest. I have met many "older " passengers with more joie de vivre and sense of adventure, that people in their 30s and 40's and more energy as well!

If you are in your 20's maybe it might be a bit of an issue but as far as finding things in common/things to talk about over dinner, I have not had a problem because of a person's age- it has more to do with one's personality, and whether or not a guest has a sense of entitlement(some boast about their wealth which is their insecurity and issue not mine) that I have unfortunately seen from time to time. I just avoid those types like the plague. So try not to be ageist and you will have a great time! I play paddle tennis pretty much every day on crossings, and many guests are quite active...

It's rare to find anything less than $300-$350 per day, but given that I'd pay probably $300/day for a 100% solo supplement on a less comfortable ship with less service and worse food (and without extras like drinks, specialty dining, gratuities), I'd rather take the value of a Crystal cruise.

For example, I just looked some numbers up: For a 2016 Westbound transatlantic, it would cost me $356 a day to travel solo in an unobstructed window cabin of about 200 sq ft on Crystal, vs costing me $305 per day to travel solo in an unobstructed window cabin of about 175 sq ft on Celebrity (plus whatever extras I pay for beverages, dining, etc). I'll choose Crystal ;)

To the poster who says she did not see many Crystal cruises under $300.Figure out your total cost of your cruise, including drink packages and prohibitive single supplements on a potential cruise on most other lines, and you will likely not be far off of Crystals fares when all is said and done. And honestly you do get what you pay for in terms of service, food quality, lack of crowds, no nickel and diming etc. As a non drinker, all-inclusive means nothing to me, but the more mature/mellow clientele/environment (ie you do not see many drunken fools on Crystal)is so worth it to me to pay a little more, as a quiet, enjoyable cruise almost a certainty every time I step on board.

Hi,

Although I like Crystal,I love Seaborn!

Find there larger ships a perfect fit :)

They have some good offers in the Med this summer with 30% single supplement & free upgrade to a veranda suite.

Still pricy,but FABULOUS !