Howler Monkey Sanctuary with King David Castillo

arlodog

Just wanted to let people know who are looking for something different to do in Belize that the Howler Monkey Sanctuary is a interesting option. We used King David Castillo for our guide (I found him on Trip Advisor) to arrange our stop at this unique spot.

This is an area which has been set aside to preserve the natural habitat of these animals. They are the 2nd loudest animals on earth and their voices are heard in the background of Jurassic Park and King Kong:). We could hear them calling when we drove up. They live up in the trees and responded to unique sounds from the guide. These are wild animals, not in a cage or a zoo. Bring your bug spray as you are in a thick jungle with just a path cleared to see them!

The guide calls them down from the trees and you are allowed to feed them a bit of fruit. (if they feel like it). We felt safe, but were aware that the monkeys are big and strong! A truly unique experience!

• 1 month later...
Just wanted to let people know who are looking for something different to do in Belize that the Howler Monkey Sanctuary is a interesting option. We used King David Castillo for our guide (I found him on Trip Advisor) to arrange our stop at this unique spot.

I saw from another thread that you had a private tour arranged with him. If you do not mind sharing, how much was it for the day and how many people were with you?

Thanks

• 6 months later...
I saw from another thread that you had a private tour arranged with him. If you do not mind sharing, how much was it for the day and how many people were with you?

Thanks

Apologize for not answering you sooner. We had 3 people on the tour and I can't remember how much it was for the day. Just contact him and he will give you a price. It is competitive for what other operators charge, but you get a private tour that you can customize for what you want. He remains flexible during the day and will stop whenever you see something you want to do which to us is priceless! We just got back from Belize again in September and used King David again for our tour.

This time we went to the zoo and cave tubing. It was a great day! Highly recommend his services to see the highlights of Belize. He times your day to avoid the crowds from the cruise ship tours. For example we left the zoo just as a tour bus was arriving. We had the zoo almost to ourselves! He really does a nice job of allowing you to see the highlights of Belize!