Celebrity Summit v. RCI Anthem of the Seas

PGPrendy

FYI, I already booked the Anthem Cruise, but now, see deals for the Celebrity cruise. If you had to choose between a 7-day Celebrity Summit Exotic Caribbean Cruise and a 12-day RCI Anthem Southern Caribbean Cruise to basically the same ports, except Celebrity does St. Thomas when RCI does St. Kitts... the other ports are Barbados, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, and Puerto Rico (Celebrity leaves from PR, but Anthem leaves from NJ)... we live in NY, so NJ is more convenient, but we will sail longer with that option... what would you choose if pricing (with airfare included for the PR option) is comparable? Our group of 5 includes me (my 36th birthday will be during the Celebrity cruise), my husband, our two sons (a 5-yr-old who will turn 6 during the Celebrity cruise, and a 1-yr-old), and my mom. The RCI cruise will be one month after the Celebrity cruise.

FYI, I already booked the Anthem Cruise, but now, see deals for the Celebrity cruise. If you had to choose between a 7-day Celebrity Summit Exotic Caribbean Cruise and a 12-day RCI Anthem Southern Caribbean Cruise to basically the same ports, except Celebrity does St. Thomas when RCI does St. Kitts... the other ports are Barbados, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, and Puerto Rico (Celebrity leaves from PR, but Anthem leaves from NJ)... we live in NY, so NJ is more convenient, but we will sail longer with that option... what would you choose if pricing (with airfare included for the PR option) is comparable? Our group of 5 includes me (my 36th birthday will be during the Celebrity cruise), my husband, our two sons (a 5-yr-old who will turn 6 during the Celebrity cruise, and a 1-yr-old), and my mom. The RCI cruise will be one month after the Celebrity cruise.

Without hesitation the Anthem. I was on Quantum. We are booked for the 12day Anthem in March and a few years ago we did a back to back on the Summit out of PR. Don't get me wrong Celebrity was a great cruise and the ports were nice. However, it can't compare to the Quantum class. The activities, kids facilities and ship are superior to the Summit.

Without hesitation the Anthem. I was on Quantum. We are booked for the 12day Anthem in March and a few years ago we did a back to back on the Summit out of PR. Don't get me wrong Celebrity was a great cruise and the ports were nice. However, it can't compare to the Quantum class. The activities, kids facilities and ship are superior to the Summit.

Thanks Queen L! Enjoy your Anthem cruise in March! I think a part of what's allowing me to get distracted by other cruise options is the fact that our Anthem cruise is a year away... seems so far away... yet, we're thinking it's worth the wait :) Thanks again.