Adjoining rooms

reeldoc

I have cruised a bit but am planning a family cruise and one couple has young children.They won't go unless they have adjoining rooms. I tried to book on Celebrity Reflection which my wife and I really enjoyed, but this ship has no adjoining rooms. The only two bedroom suite is out of my price range. I am looking for cruise 6-9 days long in warm waters in December 2013. I do not want to cruise on Carnival and it seems my only choice might be the Disney Cruise Line. Any other thoughts? Thanks.

Ask for CONNECTING rooms...not "adjoining"....Adjoining means side by side. Connecting means there is an actual door that connects the 2 spaces.

Disney's cabins are spacious, by ship standards.....so 1 cabin may be all they need.

I have cruised a bit but am planning a family cruise and one couple has young children.They won't go unless they have adjoining rooms. I tried to book on Celebrity Reflection which my wife and I really enjoyed, but this ship has no adjoining rooms. The only two bedroom suite is out of my price range. I am looking for cruise 6-9 days long in warm waters in December 2013. I do not want to cruise on Carnival and it seems my only choice might be the Disney Cruise Line. Any other thoughts? Thanks.

Are you looking for two cabins that connect? If so, Reflection has plenty of them. For example, 2201 &2203, 2223 & 2214, 1221 &1223, 1218 & 1220, 9147 & 9149, 9296 & 9298. The only non-suite category that did not have any connecting cabins were interiors. Is that what you wanted?

Reflection has quite a few connecting staterooms. If you are travelling over Christmas/New Year's, it may be that none are available. If that's the case, check the other Solstice class ships. Surely one of them has a pair of connecting cabins.

• 3 weeks later...
We just booked connecting cabins on Royal Caribbean, so I know for sure they have lots! :D

They do have lots, but sometimes they book early, and sometimes one is booked already, and isn't available to connect with its next door neighbor.

Probably not helpful since you said you didn't want to sail Carnival, but we did a family cruise on the Conquest last fall with two connecting oceanview cabins and it was perfect. My husband and myself had privacy in our cabin, but the connecting doors meant that we had easy access to our boys next door. I can't imagine cruise with us all in one room and sharing 1 bathroom :)

A lot of ships have them but like the other poster said they are sold out early. The type of cabin available with connecting doors are also limited as well, usually an ocean view and not the insides etc... They vary by ship. I would look into the itinerary you want and then check the ship deck plans to see if it has them in the type of cabin you want ( it will list the connecting rooms in the deck plans) then call and see if connecting are even available.

Happy cabin hunting!

Archived