Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Carnival Cruise Lines
- Read thousands of Carnival Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Carnival Cruise Deals
- Write a Carnival Review
- Find Your CARNIVAL Roll Call
See posts about:
Carnival Breeze
Carnival Elation
Carnival Glory
Carnival Liberty
Carnival Paradise
Carnival Splendor

Carnival Conquest
Carnival Fantasy
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Magic
Carnival Pride
Carnival Sunshine

Carnival Dream
Carnival Fascination
Carnival Inspiration
Carnival Sensation
Carnival Triumph
Carnival Valor

Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Freedom
Carnival Legend
Carnival Miracle
Carnival Spirit
Carnival Victory

Old January 12th, 2014, 12:58 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Information on hair cuts, blow dry and styles in salon. Cost?

I have always wondered about the Salon. I have been tempted to get a shampoo and style for formal night but never have. I am not a spa person but...

Does anyone have experience with getting a hair cut in the Salon? Blow Dry? Style with curling iron and comb out?

Were you happy? and the Price....approximately....Is tip included? I pay $45 now + gratuity and is usually $20. He is fantastic. and a very dear person. I think that is a reasonable price. I mean I look at my hair everyday. And if it is a mess..........so am I. My hair is short.

When on a cruise, after shore trips, etc. I can get to looking like something the cat would not drag in........so I would appreciate any information.

Last edited by AmberTeka; January 12th, 2014 at 01:00 AM.

Old January 12th, 2014, 01:12 AM
10,000+ Club

This was just asked on the Princess board. Prices should be very similar on Carnival.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1969070

Old January 12th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieN View Post
This was just asked on the Princess board. Prices should be very similar on Carnival.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1969070
That is where I got the idea. We are booked on Carnival for this March. Princess this November.

Princess is usually higher. That thread said that some ships charged up to $100 for a haircut. That is too much for my purse. I don't have that much hair.

But $45 + a tip seems OK to me. for a cut or a shampoo, curling iron set and comb out.

I have been checking with the papers that come every evening with the FunTimes for Hair prices. I see hot stone massages..other relaxing therapy things..NO Hair prices.

So has anyone had their hair done on Carnival? Are prices standard? OR like Princess.whatever the ship charges is what they want to charge.
The Dream? anyone know prices?Thank you.

Old January 12th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Cool Cruiser

I have had haircuts (twice) and many blowouts onboard. I would definitely NOT get a haircut ever again on a ship. Blowout is pretty harmless, if they don't style it exactly to your liking, you can always tweak it a bit back in your cabin. You can't undo a bad cut.

My hair is a bit longer than yours, it sounds like, just past the shoulder (I think they call it medium length), and I believe it usually cost about $59, plus I give them an appropriate tip. Short hair maybe $49? These prices are from about December 2012 on Magic. I didn't visit the salon on my November 2013 cruise. Prices could have increased.

Old January 12th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Cool Cruiser

I had my hair done for my wedding.... Was quoted $49 for the updo, but then when it came time to actually pay, they charged me $79.... I was in a time schedule for the wedding so I didn't argue it.

Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean January 2014
Carnival Dream Western Caribbean January 2013
Carnival Glory Western Caribbean March 2012
Monarch of the Seas Bahamas September 2011
Monarch of the Seas Bahamas February 2011
Carnival Fascination Key West/Calica September 2007
Carnival Fascination Hurricane Wilma!! October 2005

Old January 12th, 2014, 11:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallen10 View Post
I have had haircuts (twice) and many blowouts onboard. I would definitely NOT get a haircut ever again on a ship. Blowout is pretty harmless, if they don't style it exactly to your liking, you can always tweak it a bit back in your cabin. You can't undo a bad cut.

My hair is a bit longer than yours, it sounds like, just past the shoulder (I think they call it medium length), and I believe it usually cost about $59, plus I give them an appropriate tip. Short hair maybe $49? These prices are from about December 2012 on Magic. I didn't visit the salon on my November 2013 cruise. Prices could have increased.

Thanks. I will get a shampoo, curling iron and set.

The woman who cut my hair for a long time had a child, and is a stay at home Mom now. She was an artist. So for two years..only bad haircuts. Now I have found someone who has done two good cuts on my hair so I will stick to him.

I only go to the Salon for hair cuts. If my hair is cut right....I am fine. If it is not...then nothing else much matters.

I do wonder what a Hot Stone treatment is and how does it feel. I don't see it. But they advertise it a lot so it must be popular.
thanks again.

Last edited by AmberTeka; January 12th, 2014 at 11:42 PM.