Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > Menopause Sisters

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old August 13th, 2011, 08:54 PM
5,000+ Club

Smile Menopause Encouragement Take 3.....

Why does this page seem so white, me lost for words, that’s a new one for me, blabbermouth extraordinaire….

Here is our new home, hope everyone arrives and is happy! It brings me down memory lane and reminds me of when I was inclined back in 2004 or perhaps 2005 to create the thread of Menopause weight loss encouragement. It took me by complete surprise that for the first time in my entire life at age 45, in full blown menopause, I was “chunky”. I had to diet with no idea how, and although happy with my age, things were changing….After many months of a lifestyle change, a “what is happening to my body and soul” that just out of a whim one night I created this thread….

How could I have known as I tried to deal with these feelings that so many ladies felt just like I did. It was only a matter of days that the thread was filled with posts of things I was feeling and not yet ready to say out loud…. How could I have known that there would come a time that some of my best friends where I could say just about anything would be right here??

Our thread has always had so many views, staggering in fact…. I encourage both my long time friends and new viewers to join us…. Our group loves new friends and welcome all new “meno chicks” with open arms and a sincere heart….

Smooth

Old August 13th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smooth that was beautiful..... I'm home

Old August 13th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Home Sweet Home with all my beautiful Meno Sisters! Looking forward to many more wonderful chats with old and new friends! I love the new name!

Thanks to Jenn and CC for giving us a new home!

Had a great day here, DH and my niece's DH went out golfing while we stayed back and played with baby. Went to a fun little shop that sells everything from cute stemware, gifts to some really beautiful dresses & shoes. While baby napped we had mojitos on the patio. Then after golf DH grilled up some ribs and we had potato salad and grilled corn. A nice relaxing day.

Smooth, I like to run walk in the morning and after it's to dark in the fall I move inside to the treadmill. I run in an area of no houses so it can get kind of creepy sometimes and really to dangerous if it's dark. Hope you enjoyed your wine night!

ok, time for some tv then it's going to be bedtime!
Kelly

Old August 13th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

An email has been sent to everybody in our official sisterhood, so it is just a matter of time until we are decorating our new home..... YAY!
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Thank you, Mr. Twain; I think I will!

Read my review of The Legend at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...ght=mama+lapin

Read my review of The Triumph at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1319664

Read my review of The Fascination at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1351702

Previous Cruises:

Carnival Legend - 9-12-2010
Carnival Triumph - 12-2-2010
Carnival Fascination - 1-27-2011
Carnival Fascination - 4-30-11
Carnival Triumph - 9-17-2011
Carnival Dream - 3-24-2012
Carnival Fascination - 8-19-2012
Carnival Legend - 9-30-2012
Carnival Legend - 1-27-2013
Carnival Fantasy - 7-22-2013
Carnival Dream - 10-5-2013

Old August 13th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Awesome that we live on!!! Came home to great news!
Marianne

Ad Sponsored By
Old August 13th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Oh, and I got so excited about the move to our new site that I forgot to tell you girls about my finds at Kohl's. Ready? I got:

4 swimsuits for the girls
1 dress for oldest GD
a pair of earrings
a pair of black dress pants
a pair of navy capris
a pair of cushiony wedge shoes (these were regularly $60!)
I had a $10 off card for kids' clothes and a 20% off coupon.
I spend $43.00 and got a $10 gift to use next week. Da dum..... Great, huh???? I saved $358. I feel like an extreme couponer.

You have to love those end-of-season sales. Happy hunting, everybody!

Hugs,
Paula
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Thank you, Mr. Twain; I think I will!

Read my review of The Legend at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...ght=mama+lapin

Read my review of The Triumph at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1319664

Read my review of The Fascination at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1351702

Previous Cruises:

Old August 14th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default It's Sunday morning and I'm feelin fine...

Just had a cup or two of coffee, perused our little paper (that they have dumbed down to the point of ridiculous but it's the only game in town) and now will be heading out for the last of the week one's run/walk. I've been marking it down on my exercise diary as a brisk walk since there is far more walking than running. It's sort an endurance contest since our weather is not going to break for weeks...

Long live the Sisterhood!

D

Old August 14th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Cool Cruiser

D, we walked at 7 this morning and I was dying from the heat. We usually get out at 6 which is much better. Of course I wouldn't walk in the dark without DH.
Paula, awesome deals! You are like an advertisement for Kohl's. I may have to go there today. I don't know if you are familiar with Steinmart but I bought a gorgeous jeweled top that list for $98 and I paid $15, slacks that list for $108 and I paid $22. They were on sale plus I had 40% off coupons. We'd be dangerous if we lived near each other!
Kelly, the mojitos and ribs sound so delicious! Glad you are enjoying baby time! He must be getting so cute! Does he walk?
Smooth, thanks again for keeping us together!
OK, time to go to church. I'll pray that our group stays together and we all shrink this week!
Marianne

Old August 14th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by waserdog View Post
OK, time to go to church. I'll pray that our group stays together and we all shrink this week!

Oh Lord - hear her prayer!!

D

Old August 14th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

I did a long post, but it went "poof" so I will just drop in to say hello and let you know I found our new home.

Got to run and get ready for Church. I am already running late so it will have to be a "hat" day.

I am wearing a top that didn't fit me last week.

Punki

Queen Elizabeth 11/14 Mediterranean (Croatia)
Golden Princess 2/15 South America
Golden Princess 3/15 South America

Joyful memories

Golden Princess 09/14 Pacific Coastal * Queen Victoria 08/14 Baltic (Russia) * Grand Princess 5/14 Pacific Coastal * Star Princess 5/14 Pacific Coastal * Island Princess 4/14 Panama Canal * Star Princess 12/13 Hawaii (Best cruise ever) * HAL Noordam 10/13 WB Transatlantic * Golden Princess 8/13 Alaska * Crown Princess 2/13 Western Caribbean (Cancelled) * Golden Princess 12/12 Hawaii *Sapphire Princess 10/12 California Coastal * Caribbean Princess 7/12 Scandinavia * Caribbean Princess 4/12 EB Transatlantic Crossing * HAL Amsterdam 9/11 Puget Sound * Star Princess 7/11 Mediterraean * Island Princess 5/11 SFO/YVR * Emerald Princess 12/10 Aruba * Coral Princess 9/10 Coastal * Golden Princess 6/10 Alaska * Celebrity Mercury 10/9 Puget Sound * Star Princess 9/09 Alaska * Golden Princess 9/09 Coastal * Golden Princess 6/09 Alaska * Star Princess 5/09 Coastal * Sapphire Princess 12/08 Mexico * Golden Princess 9/08, Repo * HAL Volendam 9/08, Repo * NCL Star 9/08 Repo * QM2 7/08, New England * Island Princess 5/08 Coastal * Coral Princess 5/08 * Diamond Princess 9/07 * Island Princess 5/07 * Golden Princess 5/07 * HAL Veendam 9/06, Repo * Dawn Princess 9/06 Coastal * Dawn Princess 5/06 Repo * Sapphire Princess 9/05 PacificCoastal * Island Princess 8/05 YVR/ANC

Old August 14th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi girls!
I'm home!! and so happy to be here.

went to early church and then grocery shopping. now i am stewing a chicken for chicken and rice and making a salad to go with it. i still cook too much for the 2 of us...lol...it is hard to cook for 2 so i just cook the same and hope the kids come by or i have lots of leftovers for lunches this week.
thanks, Jan, for keeping us together!
janey

Old August 14th, 2011, 05:23 PM
5,000+ Club

Your welcome Janey... I like it here, so easy to find.

Good job Paula on the shopping. I also buy a lot both causal and work clothes at Khols, but at least around here the shoes are always overpriced, never on sale..... I am on the hunt for a red pair of shoes that wont break the bank.

I brought back the 2nd dress I bought at Dressbarn, the 2 I bought for one wedding! I exchanged it for the same exact dress because I really like it, just "drumroll" 2 sizes smaller.

I have taken up Punkis habit with a 50 calorie square of dark chocolate for the past two evenings... Website says it is suppose to make you happy, but then chocolate has always made me happy!!

Oh D I did not realize that you haven taken up running again. Must of missed it but so happy you have. I finished week two today but it was raining so hard had to do it on a treadmill... Sure is not the same as outside, but LOL it is only a tad bit easier. We had steak on the grill for dinner to give me some much needed protien. As soon as my body stops hurting will clean the dishes!!

Everyone have a great evening.

Old August 14th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoD View Post
Oh Lord - hear her prayer!!

D

Amen !!

Old August 14th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hello, Girls,

We went to church this morning, too, where I also managed to slip in a little prayer for our collective willpower. Then, we met some friends for lunch (and yes, I got a bit derailed here...) I convinced Jack that we needed to drive down to the next county to get a "good" Sunday paper, but it didn't take a lot of arm twisting because it was right by the golf superstore. While he popped in there, I got to go to Burlington Coat Factory where I found... ready???..... a black poplin, double breasted, belted 3/4 length trench coat for..... ready?.... $4.98!!! And yes, Marianne... we would be the dynamic shopping duo if we lived close to each other. Wouldn't that be fun????

I am desparate for some cool weather so that I can get out and walk. (and pull some weeds; you should see my flower beds..holey moley...) My treadmill is still not to be trusted and I am too afraid of it to get on it. I have 12 days of freedom before the new job begins and I need to enjoy every single moment of it.

Have a great week.
Hugs,
Paula

Previous Cruises:

Last edited by Mama Lapin; August 14th, 2011 at 10:55 PM.

Old August 15th, 2011, 01:05 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Good evening ladies.

Wow, Paula, sounds like a really great find. Enjoy your freedom and, of course, enjoy your new job when it starts.

I did add a prayer for a "successful surgery and rapid recovery for Trish" to our Parish Book of Intercessions. The gospel (as Marianne already knows) was about the Canaanite woman whose daughter was possessed by a demon, who kept begging Jesus to cure her, even after he initially refused to help. The moral being that sometimes we have to be aggressive and keep petitioning God over and over and over until he sees that our faith can't be shaken, even when we have to wait for the answers to our prayers.

On my new diet, smooth, I am not eating the chocolate. But I sure do miss it, especially now that you mention it.

What I did have today is "Miracle Soup" from the Dukan Diet Book. It is recommended that you eat a big bowl (hot) when you feel really hungry, so you don't start snacking while you are waiting for your real dinner.

I opened the recipe book, started cutting up all of the ingredients on the list (while listening to a really good audio book) without paying too much attention. Then all of a sudden I finally realized that I had enough veggies for two huge pots. I ate one big bowl, filled up an empty cottage cheese container for lunch tomorrow, and put one giant pot in the cooler with ice. Joe ate most of the rest of the original pot.

Here is half the recipe:

2 cloves of garlic
3 large onions (I used Walla Walla Sweets)
1/2 head of cabbage
3 carrots
1/2 bunch of celery
16 oz. of peeled canned tomatoes (no sugar)
beef bouillion
chicken bouillion

Toss everything into a pot and cover with water. Then add the bouillion.

Well I certainly do have soup for a few days. That is good because it is supposed to rain and be quite cool tomorrow. Oh how I love our wonderful, cool, summer weather, especially after experiencing 106 in Athens.

Other than that, I spent most of the afternoon doing laundry and launching a super attack job on my fridge. I can't believe how much stuff I threw out. What is really weird is that, even after I filled the entire kitchen garbage can with junk, the fridge is still too full of stuff. Oh well, at least it is clean now.

We decided that we just couldn't make it to Buenos Aires in September after all. We have to fly to California to celebrate our dear SIL's 70th birthday, plus we have a little cruise and then my whole family is coming to visit at the end of the month--maybe even my brother who has never been her in all the 43 years I have lived in Washington. He hasn't totally made up his mind, but he is thinking about it.

We will, however, be going to New York City for Christmas--flights and rooms are all booked. Now all we need to decide is what we want to do while we are there. I am thinking it would be fun to go to Radio City Music Hall. DD wants to go see Madame Butterfly at the Met, but I have already bought her and her partner tickets for her birthday--she doesn't know. Maybe while we are there (since we are staying in Times Square anyway) we will pop down in the mornings and see what kind of cheap tickets we can snag for last minute show seats. We will also go to Mass at St. Patrick's on either Christmas Eve or maybe Christmas morning. We are flying home Christmas night.

Another good reason to hurry up and get slim once again. Right now, none of my good wool pants even fit.

OK, time to get some sleep so I can get up early and get to the gym.

Good rest to all, Punki

p.s. I really do need to find a nice long cruise to book. Even knowing I have my little cruise coming up, I am beginning to suffer withdrawal.

Queen Elizabeth 11/14 Mediterranean (Croatia)
Golden Princess 2/15 South America
Golden Princess 3/15 South America

Joyful memories

Golden Princess 09/14 Pacific Coastal * Queen Victoria 08/14 Baltic (Russia) * Grand Princess 5/14 Pacific Coastal * Star Princess 5/14 Pacific Coastal * Island Princess 4/14 Panama Canal * Star Princess 12/13 Hawaii (Best cruise ever) * HAL Noordam 10/13 WB Transatlantic * Golden Princess 8/13 Alaska * Crown Princess 2/13 Western Caribbean (Cancelled) * Golden Princess 12/12 Hawaii *Sapphire Princess 10/12 California Coastal * Caribbean Princess 7/12 Scandinavia * Caribbean Princess 4/12 EB Transatlantic Crossing * HAL Amsterdam 9/11 Puget Sound * Star Princess 7/11 Mediterraean * Island Princess 5/11 SFO/YVR * Emerald Princess 12/10 Aruba * Coral Princess 9/10 Coastal * Golden Princess 6/10 Alaska * Celebrity Mercury 10/9 Puget Sound * Star Princess 9/09 Alaska * Golden Princess 9/09 Coastal * Golden Princess 6/09 Alaska * Star Princess 5/09 Coastal * Sapphire Princess 12/08 Mexico * Golden Princess 9/08, Repo * HAL Volendam 9/08, Repo * NCL Star 9/08 Repo * QM2 7/08, New England * Island Princess 5/08 Coastal * Coral Princess 5/08 * Diamond Princess 9/07 * Island Princess 5/07 * Golden Princess 5/07 * HAL Veendam 9/06, Repo * Dawn Princess 9/06 Coastal * Dawn Princess 5/06 Repo * Sapphire Princess 9/05 PacificCoastal * Island Princess 8/05 YVR/ANC

Last edited by PunkiC; August 15th, 2011 at 01:07 AM.

Old August 15th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Whew! I found us and I've caught up on the last thread and now this one!

You all have been extremely busy and thank you all for your prayers to get us all back on the wagon! While I was not extremely careful while gone to the wedding, let's just say I could have done better and I could have done a whole lot worse!! The wedding was so nice and it was great seeing the whole fam damnly, everyone had a great time. The reception was a lot of fun and I danced the night away. Of course my youngest DGD stole the show, she danced with every single person out there and had a ball. The photographer had fun taking her picture over and over and I can't wait to see them.

Today is back on the wagon and back to work. I have tons of things to get done before I leave next Sunday including some pre-training online class that also has an exam! Ugh!

I'll check back in with everyone soon, I'm so glad to hear from all of you here and we're back in one place that everyone feels comfortable at.

Tata, Mary

Mary has already sailed on....

Disney Magic, 12/13, Vision of the Seas 11/13, Carnival Liberty 8/13, Enchantment of the Seas 6/13, Norwegian Dawn 3/13, Oasis of the Seas 1/13,Sapphire Princess 9/12, Grand Princess 3/12, Pacific Princess 12/11, Ruby Princess 3/11, Golden Princess 2/10, Ruby Princess 12/09,Sea Princess 8/08, Emerald Princess 12/07, Disney Wonder,9/07,Coral Princess,11/06, Star Princess 8/05,Grand Princess 5/04,Coral Princess 8/03,Disney Wonder 6/03,Carnival Pride 9/02,Disney Wonder 8/02

Old August 15th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Cool Cruiser

I don't know why but I can never find this thread. I always have to find the threads that Smooth has started to find all of you! I will bookmark it!
Jane, welcome home! I was getting nervous that we would lose touch since I'm still planning on meeting you in October.
Mary, so glad you had fun at the wedding even if it was a little off track. I didn't even go anywhere and I was way off track all week but am back on the wagon today!
D, how's the running? Are you still playing tennis? We walked at 6 this a.m. and it's hot but so much better without the sun. We should catch some weather breaks in October but still have hurricane dodging in September and that awful heat. Oh well, come December and we all know why we live here!
Punki, while I was in church, I was in deep thought over my DDs situation that still hasn't changed and then I heard the gospel and thought maybe I just need to pray harder and have the faith that the woman in the bible had and my DD has. She thinks ESIL is going to end up liking me and everything will work out. I am such a doubting Thomas. They went to visit his family last week and now she plans on approaching him with the possiblity of them renting a house with some friends down here and her coming to visit with the kids. I have not seem them in a year and it's been longer for my DH who's not met his second grand daughter who will be a year tomorrow. Hate to still rag on this subject but unfortunately, it still plays on my head. Happy that you are being successful with your diet. I was down 14 lbs. but had a little setback last week. Sheesh, can never let up! Lucky you with the cool weather!
Trish, thoughts and prayers coming your way. Hopefully this will all be behind you real soon.
Mary, hate when you have to be tested on anything! I'm the worst test taker. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do wonderully.
Paula, you shopping maniac with a $4.98 coat!!! I have to take DH's car to Sear's because he has tire issues so I will check out their sales. I doubt I can beat that one!!
OK, off and running to do errands and then zumba tonight!
Marianne

Old August 15th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Cool Cruiser

OK, now I finally realized that we are in the Friends section and not the Lose before you Cruise! DUH!! I'm slow but at least I'm accurate! LOL
Marianne

Old August 15th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Cool Cruiser

JJust a quick note from phone I never look on the boards I always use my quick link then go to subscribed threads and waaalaaa there we are

Old August 15th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hi all! I am loving this new forum--easy to find and no scrolling...lol...
It is gorgeous out today. Just went out to drag in the garbage can and check my hummingbird feeder. I'm sure it will heat up but right now it feels wonderful.

Did some yoga this morning and some hamster wheel stuff. I love these Mondays off!

speaking of mondays off--Marianne, I am still so excited about meeting you in October! we will have a great time walking around downtown. there is so much to see. I hope we get nice weather, but no matter what we will have fun!

have a great day everyone,
janey