Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Crystal Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Crystal Cruises
Read Crystal Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Crystal Cruise Deals.

Register for a Cruise Critic/Crystal Cruises Meet & Mingle

Need to make a change or addition to your Meet & Mingle registration? Update Your Meet & Mingle Registration

GO TO: Crystal ROLL CALL Forums

Old October 13th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Manaus

Has anyone privately arranged air travel to Manaus. We are
in the NYC area/gate and would be interested in your routing,
carriers and experience. Considering a Crystal sailing out of
Manaus. Thanks

Old October 16th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Manaus

We decided to use Crystal's air returning from Manaus to Houston in Feb. There are flights from Manaus to IAH but there are plane changes on most of the flights we could find making them long. Airlines were Lloyd Aereo Boliviano, Varig, Delta, CO, AA. We opted to use Crystal's air from Manaus to Miami and Miami to Houston. Can't find all the schedules he printed, but we gave up. I believe the Manau to Miami thru Crystal is a charter. You might check with your TA or Air/Sea at Crystal. joyous

Old October 16th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Manaus Cruisers

We sailed in March from Manaus to Barbados on Oceania's Insignia. Our review is on this site. Oceania arranged charter flights from Miami. The flight was only about 5 1/2 hours. We heard that commercial flights from the US; due to rerouting through Rio or San Paolo, take about 16 hours. I would expect that Crystal would arrange charter flights from the US also, if only for the reason that it is probably cheaper for them this way.

Old October 19th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

I would go with the charter... I did the Amazon in Feb on Radisson and took their 5 hour charter. IN ADDITION to the time savings on commerical planes. From the time I stepped out of the plane until I was outside the terminal was 3 minutes. They had told us on the plane we probably would be fingerprinted and a photo taken of us. Did not happen. One guy just wanted to see your visa, and a second guy collected a form you filled out on the plane. Radisson had ppl collecting all the luggage from the plane and took it to the ship.

EASYYYYYYYY...