Fury Charters

LWiening

We just came back from Carnival Liberty Feb 1 -8th and one of our stops was ST Thomas.

I had read reviews about Fury Charters decided to book them for the half day. We originally booked another Charter but our ship was arriving later and could not do our excursion.

We have been to St Thomas in the past and love snorkeling there.

I would not recommend this Company to anyone. To begin with we originally booked 8 adults and 1 child.

The week of our cruise another friend decided to book last minute. I had sent Captain Mike and email that we needed to add her if not then 2 of our friends would not be going with the excursion.

We arrived at the meeting place at 12:05. We were not greeted til 12:35 . We had to rewalk back to where the sail boat was going to meet us. Mind you they should have had us meet outside the gate after walking all the way that we did originally. We had a friend with a bad leg and she too felt that if we knew this she would have stayed right by the gate .

When Nikki the shipmate who helps Captain Mike was checking everyone in she said there was no room for our friend. EVEN though I received and email that Wednesday before we left that stated they will try to fit her on.

The child that was with us is mildly autistic and loves to snorkel. He was so nervous from us talking to Nikki about we were not told that she could not come. So we were all trying to figure out who would not be going. As it turned out our friends and their child decided not to do the excursion.

Very unprofessional when Captain Mike was talking about us to the other guest. I stated we had received the email that state we will try to fit her on. Not saying that they couldn't we would have canceled two adults.

There was snacks and drinks offer. The pretzels were in a bowl that anyone could have grabbed not individually wrapped. We had a friend who is a nurse with us and she would not touch it because of the virus from other ships recently in the past week.

The sail boat was fun ride. Snorkeling three turtles and two fish we could have gone to a zoo and saw better. This was nothing like the beauty we saw before snorkeling in St Thomas. Total let down.

Captain Mike kept badmouthing another Catamaran Captain how he did not like him Really!! We were on vacation and had to hear drama that we did not care about.

When it was time to pay they tacked on a 15% gratuity. We only had 7 in our group not like the paper said if you have 8 it would be added.

This was one disappointment that we will not forget. The Shipmate Nikki was rued to one of our members of our group who was helping to get snorkelers up.

We are boaters who own boats in IL and the memory of the excursion is not a very good one. I would find someone else.

Also to mention we have been on other excursion on this island and we were offered Alcohol the minute we arrived. Not a coke and rum punch after snorkeling. We are adults from 45 - 54 years old.

Look somewhere else because it is not worth the money.

So sorry things didn't work out for you and your friends. Those excursions do cost a lot, so I understand how you feel.

When you were told that they would "try to fit her in," it was because they didn't want to cancel the two bookings you mentioned that would not be going if your friend couldn't get in on the snorkeling. What I would have done is either cancel the two bookings or canceled the whole trip. They would probably have "fitted her in." I know, woulda, coulda, shoulda. :p If they had accepted the cancellations, then you would have known for sure that they would not have been able to fit her in.

Hope that your next cruise is a much better one. :)

Hi LWiening, Sorry you had the awful experience you did. Our vacations are very special and its a shame when an expensive day excursion turns out the way yours did. Thank you for the post - we are on the Oasis in July and my brother and wife were considering the Fury. After reading this he may be better off doing the Champagne Cat offered through Royal Caribbean ..........

So sorry things didn't work out for you and your friends. Those excursions do cost a lot, so I understand how you feel.

When you were told that they would "try to fit her in," it was because they didn't want to cancel the two bookings you mentioned that would not be going if your friend couldn't get in on the snorkeling. What I would have done is either cancel the two bookings or canceled the whole trip. They would probably have "fitted her in." I know, woulda, coulda, shoulda. :p If they had accepted the cancellations, then you would have known for sure that they would not have been able to fit her in.

Hope that your next cruise is a much better one. :)

Thank you . We never get discourage we love cruising But we always want to pass on to others bad and great experiences..When you are on vacation you want a memory of a lifetime . It could be your last.

Please note that we have twice had a wonderful time on the Fury and will be returning again on April 7th.......not to discount your experience but they are highly rated on Trip Advisor for good reason.

I second this. We went last month for the second time with our four kids and could not have been happier. It was even better the second time around. To the poster that was thinking about Royal's champagne cat excursion, take into account the numbers on those cats. There were 18 people on the Fury and it was great.

Just sailed on the Fury last week with my family of 4. We had a great time! Captain Mike and Nikki were both very professional. Please do your research before booking an excursion. You would have know that this tour had safety in mind. They don't serve alcohol before snorkeling for a reason! Mike and Nikki take your safety seriously.

I realize that you didn't have a good time and that's too bad. I just would like people to realize that you need to do your homework before choosing an excursion. If you are looking for a party find a party boat. I loved sailing with only a handful of people through the beautiful Caribbean waters. We saw tons of fish, turtles and stingrays!

• 1 year later...
We just came back from Carnival Liberty Feb 1 -8th and one of our stops was ST Thomas.

I had read reviews about Fury Charters decided to book them for the half day. We originally booked another Charter but our ship was arriving later and could not do our excursion.

We have been to St Thomas in the past and love snorkeling there.

I would not recommend this Company to anyone. To begin with we originally booked 8 adults and 1 child.

The week of our cruise another friend decided to book last minute. I had sent Captain Mike and email that we needed to add her if not then 2 of our friends would not be going with the excursion.

We arrived at the meeting place at 12:05. We were not greeted til 12:35 . We had to rewalk back to where the sail boat was going to meet us. Mind you they should have had us meet outside the gate after walking all the way that we did originally. We had a friend with a bad leg and she too felt that if we knew this she would have stayed right by the gate .

When Nikki the shipmate who helps Captain Mike was checking everyone in she said there was no room for our friend. EVEN though I received and email that Wednesday before we left that stated they will try to fit her on.

The child that was with us is mildly autistic and loves to snorkel. He was so nervous from us talking to Nikki about we were not told that she could not come. So we were all trying to figure out who would not be going. As it turned out our friends and their child decided not to do the excursion.

Very unprofessional when Captain Mike was talking about us to the other guest. I stated we had received the email that state we will try to fit her on. Not saying that they couldn't we would have canceled two adults.

There was snacks and drinks offer. The pretzels were in a bowl that anyone could have grabbed not individually wrapped. We had a friend who is a nurse with us and she would not touch it because of the virus from other ships recently in the past week.

The sail boat was fun ride. Snorkeling three turtles and two fish we could have gone to a zoo and saw better. This was nothing like the beauty we saw before snorkeling in St Thomas. Total let down.

Captain Mike kept badmouthing another Catamaran Captain how he did not like him Really!! We were on vacation and had to hear drama that we did not care about.

When it was time to pay they tacked on a 15% gratuity. We only had 7 in our group not like the paper said if you have 8 it would be added.

This was one disappointment that we will not forget. The Shipmate Nikki was rued to one of our members of our group who was helping to get snorkelers up.

We are boaters who own boats in IL and the memory of the excursion is not a very good one. I would find someone else.

Also to mention we have been on other excursion on this island and we were offered Alcohol the minute we arrived. Not a coke and rum punch after snorkeling. We are adults from 45 - 54 years old.

Look somewhere else because it is not worth the money.

Thank you for the review. I am searching for info to decide on a half day snorkel with family. My DD is autistic but loves to snorkel and swims like a fish. How was the special needs child treated? Sometimes it's a challenge to find a tour provider who will be sensitive to the special needs.

We cannot speak to the charter company, but do have a lifetime of snorkel and even SCUBA experience. We salute the Fury for not providing alcohol prior to snorkeling. One should never snorkel (or SCUBA) after drinking alcohol. It is simply basic (common sense) safety. Most decent charter (tour) operators will break out the booze after snorkeling....but not before.

Hank

• 1 month later...

We also sailed on the Fury and had a wonderful time. The snorkelling was great with lots of turtle, ray and fish sightings. The area itself was quite crowded with three other boats there, but we were there first and had about 40 minutes by ourselves which was nice.

I'd recommend the Fury charter to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with the positive posts about the Fury. We loved it. We had a great experience with Capt. Mike and crew. I can't swim, so I stayed on the boat. The crew brought creatures to the surface near the boat so that I could see them. It was nice of them to do their best to include me.

My husband and I have also sailed twice on the Fury with Capt. Mike and Nicki. Both trips were wonderful! The Fury is a very comfortable boat (with a very nice head) and sails with a limited number of passengers so everyone is comfortable. We had a lot of fun just sailing back and forth to the snorkeling site.

Once we arrived at the reef and everyone got in the water with their gear on, Nicki joined us to make sure everyone had their gear on correctly and got a chance to see the turtles. The water was crystal clear and there were lots of fish and several sea turtles in our immediate vicinity on both trips. Nicki also volunteered to dive down and take photos of turtles for people with waterproof cameras. As soon as we finished snorkeling and were back onboard, rum punch and snacks were offered.

We had two great days on the Fury! Mike and Nicki were funny, knowledgeable, and a pleasure to sail with and we would definitely sail with them again! On both of our trips, we experienced a top notch, class act that definitely put safety first! As someone else said, there's a reason the Fury is #1 on Trip Advisor!