Albert Cuyp Market - Amsterdam

My wife and I are going to be spending a couple of days on our own in Amsterdam before our cruise next year.

I found some information about the Albert Cuyp Market in Amsterdam. It looks like a wonderful street market with food, drink and other things of interest.

Has anyone visited the Albert Cuyp Market while in Amsterdam? What was your experience like? What were your impressions?

What was your favorite part of the market?

Any other comments are welcome. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
My wife and I are going to be spending a couple of days on our own in Amsterdam before our cruise next year.

I found some information about the Albert Cuyp Market in Amsterdam. It looks like a wonderful street market with food, drink and other things of interest.

Has anyone visited the Albert Cuyp Market while in Amsterdam? What was your experience like? What were your impressions?

What was your favorite part of the market?

Any other comments are welcome. Thanks.

We were just there this past September and we loved it. They have a lot of clothing and other items for sale, typical street market. The best part was the street food. We even went back a second day just for lunch. We loved the fresh fried fish stands and also this one stand selling rotisserie chickens ( 2 whole chickens for 6 euros ) and there chicken kabobs were to die for.

We will be on August 6, 2016 cruise leaving from Amsterdam and we will definitely be going back. It is near the Heineken Experience and an easy walk to the Rijksmuseum.

Another great place for a nice meal is Haesje Claes in the canal district. You can find reviews on Tripadvisor

We were there in May. We took the tram from the ship to the station then another train to the market. We just asked people which tram to get on and they were all really helpful. Other than the food we didn't find it particularly Dutch but if you like street markets you'll like this one. It's really long and good for people-watching