Cozumel - arriving at noon - leaving at 10pm - Resort Day Pass??

Toddcan

Arriving in Cozumel at noon on the Carnival Victory. Was looking for a day pass to an all inclusive, but all the ones I see close up at 5-6pm. Our ship doesn't leave until 10pm.

Anyone know of any beach resorts that offer an all inclusive option into the evening hours, including dinner?

You could check with one of the AI resorts (rather than a beach club). Their day-pass hours could roll into the evening.

A question for you is what time of year are you sailing? That will depend on the sunshine hours, and if it's not going to be light out for a good portion of the day (think darkness by 6 pm in Dec) then you would just hang out at the hotel? Now if you are sailing in June and it's light out till almost 10 pm, then go for it. :)

I did a cruise with this schedule and we did a 2 pm water excursion that took about 2 hrs, then headed for town. It was dusky by 6 pm and we had fun just wandering around town. It was well lit and the stores were open until we headed back to the ship at about 8:15 pm.

You could check with one of the AI resorts (rather than a beach club). Their day-pass hours could roll into the evening.

A question for you is what time of year are you sailing? That will depend on the sunshine hours, and if it's not going to be light out for a good portion of the day (think darkness by 6 pm in Dec) then you would just hang out at the hotel? Now if you are sailing in June and it's light out till almost 10 pm, then go for it. :)

Sailing in January - shortest daylight times. However, in the Caribbean, there are no locations with 10pm light. The sun sets always between about 6pm and 7:30pm through the year. The wide variations become obvious as you move north - with the extreme being in the arctic - land of the midnight sun.

comments in red

Arriving in Cozumel at noon on the Carnival Victory. Was looking for a day pass to an all inclusive, but all the ones I see close up at 5-6pm. Our ship doesn't leave until 10pm.

Anyone know of any beach resorts that offer an all inclusive option into the evening hours, including dinner?

Depends what you are looking for, what you want to do and whether you need an actual sandy beach? There are options but it won't be at one of the regular beach clubs.

comments in red

I disagree. Of course I'm not talking about complete daylight, but I've been in the Caribbean and Mexico when there is still light in the sky at 9:30 or 10 pm. Of course this is in May or June when the days are longest. Sure the sun is down by 7:30 or so, but the sky can stay light after that. We've been in Cozumel in June where we stay in the pools/beach until 6 or 7 pm. We've also been in Riv Maya in December when it's dusky at 4 pm and we are getting off the beach.

Just wanted to make sure the OP takes into consideration the daylight hours, spending a lot of money thinking they will stay on the beach until 8 pm, etc.

I disagree. Of course I'm not talking about complete daylight, but I've been in the Caribbean and Mexico when there is still light in the sky at 9:30 or 10 pm. Of course this is in May or June when the days are longest. Sure the sun is down by 7:30 or so, but the sky can stay light after that. We've been in Cozumel in June where we stay in the pools/beach until 6 or 7 pm. We've also been in Riv Maya in December when it's dusky at 4 pm and we are getting off the beach.

Just wanted to make sure the OP takes into consideration the daylight hours, spending a lot of money thinking they will stay on the beach until 8 pm, etc.

I am the OP. Thanks for the input. But, FWIW, having a sliver of red sky along the horizon at 9pm doesn't count (at least in my books) as "light". But, I would really love to see any photos of "light in the sky" in the Caribbean at 10pm. I lived there for 2 years - but perhaps my memory is foggy.

Edited by Toddcan

Toddcan.

Your ship will most likely be the only one in port after 6/7 PM Coz time (it's always Eastern Standard which will be the same as Central Daylight in January). Your best bet is to look at the resorts north of downtown so you can spend a couple of hours, maybe even watch the sunset there then head into town and grab a nice dinner then head back south to Puerta Maya pier where you'll most likely dock.

El Cozumeleno, Playa Azul, Buccanos, are some names to check out. Buccanos does have a restaurant and bar open at night.

For dinner consider, Kinta's, their sister restaurant, Kondesa, or long time standards Casa Mission or La Choza. a recent addition, Cieleto Lindo Bistro, is getting good reviews for dinner fare. I'd chose any of these over the more tourista oriented daytime spots.

Toddcan.

Your ship will most likely be the only one in port after 6/7 PM Coz time (it's always Eastern Standard which will be the same as Central Daylight in January). Your best bet is to look at the resorts north of downtown so you can spend a couple of hours, maybe even watch the sunset there then head into town and grab a nice dinner then head back south to Puerta Maya pier where you'll most likely dock.

El Cozumeleno, Playa Azul, Buccanos, are some names to check out. Buccanos does have a restaurant and bar open at night.

For dinner consider, Kinta's, their sister restaurant, Kondesa, or long time standards Casa Mission or La Choza. a recent addition, Cieleto Lindo Bistro, is getting good reviews for dinner fare. I'd chose any of these over the more tourista oriented daytime spots.

Crew, why only the northern beach bars and resorts?

There are several southern beach bars and resort hotels which offer possibilities if the OP would say what they are looking for. Whether they require sandy beach, snorkeling, water activities, leisurely time, rustic/upscale? Cozumel palace, Money Bar, Sky Reef, Alberto's and some of the southern resort hotels, (but I don't have access to my desk top at the moment, to name them , maybe Ibersostar/ Wyndham) are some that come to mind but not all AI, and not all on sandy beach.

Not sure any of the resort hotels you mention have evening passes, which mean they would have to leave the same time as any of the normal beach clubs to go to dinner in town. Much as I enjoy the restaurants you suggest they would miss the chance to see sunset, which they could see from one of the beach bars on the west side, which is often quite wonderful.

Buccanos is only open for dinner Fri/Saturday nights, as far as I know. It comes highly recommended from reviews and probably requires a reservation. When I have visited on a Friday/Saturday afternoon they try to clear the resort between afternoon and evening sessions so you would probably need to show you had a reservation and a change of clothes.

Edited by c-leg5

Thanks everyone for the great ideas. I ended up booking the Sunset Beach Break package at Nachi-Cocum. It's specifically for ships arriving late (noon,or later). The package goes from Noon to 6:30pm. It's all inclusive, and gets great reviews. They also limit the guests to 100 per day.

At 6:30, we will head back into town for some shopping - perhaps dinner if we are hungry, and likely back on the ship long before 10pm departure.

Keep the suggestions going for restaurants for dinner at around 7-8pm.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas. I ended up booking the Sunset Beach Break package at Nachi-Cocum. It's specifically for ships arriving late (noon,or later). The package goes from Noon to 6:30pm. It's all inclusive, and gets great reviews. They also limit the guests to 100 per day.

At 6:30, we will head back into town for some shopping - perhaps dinner if we are hungry, and likely back on the ship long before 10pm departure.

That should be an OK choice if you are just looking for a long afternoon. I thought you were wanting somewhere you could stay at into the evening. You should just about catch sunset at that time of year.

What is there to do at those places. Me group got bigger. And trying to do something besides the secret river. And I remembered reading about places where the have multiple activities where like a couple can do one thing and another something else. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good choice if that fits everyone's needs. You'll need to head back up to San Miguel for dinner and you have my suggestions, but if you are walking around the Plaza area shopping there are plenty of spots to try...La Mission, the sister restaurant to Casa Mission, has outdoor seating. Not sure at night but they have strolling mariachis during day time.

C-legs...where do you and your DH go for dinner?

Edited by crewsweeper

That should be an OK choice if you are just looking for a long afternoon. I thought you were wanting somewhere you could stay at into the evening. You should just about catch sunset at that time of year.

At first, I was looking for a place where I could arrive at around 1pm, have a beach day until about 6pm or so, and then grab dinner. But, from what I found, there are no all inclusives that include a lunch (when we arrive) and dinner (when we leave).

I think the Nachi options fills the daytime requirement - with the latest closing time. Then, as you mention - at about 6-7pm, we will head back towards town and catch dinner or shopping, then ship. It's been a while since we visited Cozumel, but it looks like the port area itself is really quite built up now - likely a good spot to spend out post-Nachi hours.

At first, I was looking for a place where I could arrive at around 1pm, have a beach day until about 6pm or so, and then grab dinner. But, from what I found, there are no all inclusives that include a lunch (when we arrive) and dinner (when we leave).

I think the Nachi options fills the daytime requirement - with the latest closing time. Then, as you mention - at about 6-7pm, we will head back towards town and catch dinner or shopping, then ship. It's been a while since we visited Cozumel, but it looks like the port area itself is really quite built up now - likely a good spot to spend out post-Nachi hours.

Puerta Maya has outlets for some of the larger shops downtown, as well as the typical cruise port standards but misses the small kiosk and the bartering flavor of the plaza. 3 Amigos has a small deck where you can watch the sunset behind the ship. Panchos BackYard has a better covered patio with a bit more scenery and more extensive menu. Nothing like heading downtown though. But certainly gives you the option of returning to the ship, cleaning up and then walking around a bit.

Good choice if that fits everyone's needs. You'll need to head back up to San Miguel for dinner and you have my suggestions, but if you are walking around the Plaza area shopping there are plenty of spots to try...La Mission, the sister restaurant to Casa Mission, has outdoor seating. Not sure at night but they have strolling mariachis during day time.

C-legs...where do you and your DH go for dinner?

You made some good suggestions above - La Choza is one of our favorites. (We are not too keen on the Mission group seem too touristy but I know they are popular - there are so many places to choose from we have just never been back).

We also like the Argentinian restaurants Del Sur and Al pie de carbon; or Italian, Guidos.

If we want sunset view with dinner - upstairs at Blue Angel, or Rolandi, not same class of food but great views.