Just off Splendida

xxHadleyxx

Wonderful! No problems for me with the link.

I'm getting excited about the YC food. Some photos make it looks not as nicely presented as some of the food I've had on Celebrity, but it can be difficult to make a plate of risotto look appetising! If the quality is there on their pastas and risottos I'm going to be very, very happy indeed!

Wonderful! No problems for me with the link.

I'm getting excited about the YC food. Some photos make it looks not as nicely presented as some of the food I've had on Celebrity, but it can be difficult to make a plate of risotto look appetising! If the quality is there on their pastas and risottos I'm going to be very, very happy indeed!

I am not really one to take photos of food--sorry.

You are right that risotto doesn't realy present well (but it sure tastes good!).

The pastas and risottos were all good to us, similar to what we get in Italy or at the local Italian places whose owners are from near Naples.

I supose if someone is American and truly expects somethign like Olive Garden or jarred pasta sauce it might not go over well? But otherwise, yeah, either we got really lucky or the food is just yummy.

I forgot to mention on the blog (I'll go back to add) that the breads are billed as all freshly baked daily on board and they really were much better quality than on other lines. I live a 5 minute walk from 4 German bakeries, I am picky about bread, and i liked it :D

I am not really one to take photos of food--sorry.

You are right that risotto doesn't realy present well (but it sure tastes good!).

The pastas and risottos were all good to us, similar to what we get in Italy or at the local Italian places whose owners are from near Naples.

I supose if someone is American and truly expects somethign like Olive Garden or jarred pasta sauce it might not go over well? But otherwise, yeah, either we got really lucky or the food is just yummy.

I forgot to mention on the blog (I'll go back to add) that the breads are billed as all freshly baked daily on board and they really were much better quality than on other lines. I live a 5 minute walk from 4 German bakeries, I am picky about bread, and i liked it :D

Don't worry - I wasn't expecting food photos. I've seen a few of them on another forum where a whole group were blogging from Splendida within the last couple of weeks.

I've heard the breads are fantastic, so I'm excited to try this.

The only thing that made my heart sink about your blog... you booked one of those wonderful, oversized YC1 staterooms and showed it off wonderfully in your blog.

I had booked one of those too, but had a call from my TA last week saying that it had been reallocated and that I was being moved to a 'normal' YC1. I'll still have an awesome cruise, but not a good first experience with MSC!

Anyway, thanks again and I look forward to reading more in due course.

Don't worry - I wasn't expecting food photos. I've seen a few of them on another forum where a whole group were blogging from Splendida within the last couple of weeks.

I've heard the breads are fantastic, so I'm excited to try this.

The only thing that made my heart sink about your blog... you booked one of those wonderful, oversized YC1 staterooms and showed it off wonderfully in your blog.

I had booked one of those too, but had a call from my TA last week saying that it had been reallocated and that I was being moved to a 'normal' YC1. I'll still have an awesome cruise, but not a good first experience with MSC!

Anyway, thanks again and I look forward to reading more in due course.

yeah--the first MSC we booked, we booked side by side cabins with two in each--and a week later those were reallocated and we were split halfway across the ship. It was a "maybe we can make the date work" bookins so we cancelled.

We probably only got the keep the larger cabin becuase there were three of us (and one is 17--so no little people!).

I hope the 2 person cabin is still nice, and that you will report back so DH and i know we can expect on a cruise4 just the two of us.

yeah--the first MSC we booked, we booked side by side cabins with two in each--and a week later those were reallocated and we were split halfway across the ship. It was a "maybe we can make the date work" bookins so we cancelled.

We probably only got the keep the larger cabin becuase there were three of us (and one is 17--so no little people!).

I hope the 2 person cabin is still nice, and that you will report back so DH and i know we can expect on a cruise4 just the two of us.

I just wish MSC would only sell those cabins to groups of three is that is who they are designed for. Bizarre!

And yes, I'll be doing a daily blog while I'm on board (on my personal blog - link in my signature) and then some videos will be uploaded when I get back to the land of decent internet. Daily vlog, as well as some one-off videos like stateroom review and Yacht Club tour (I haven't quite decided yet, it'll depend what I can be bothered doing!)

This post made me laugh!! Last summer I had just returned from Italy and I met my parents in Tennessee for a family party (they had been in Italy about 5 years ago). We were in Lynchburg doing the Jack Daniels tour, and asking for good restaurant suggestions when we returned to Memphis-- a lady overheard us, and approached my mom and I to tell us about this great Italian restaurant: called the Olive Garden!!! People really do think it's good!! Sorry for the tangent-- your post just made me giggle!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you very much for your review Disneylover!

I have been on Royal Caribbean and NCL, in October I will experience MSC for the first time and cruise on the Splendida (unfortunately not in the Yacht Club).

I am wondering about one thing you might be able to help with: which of the restaurants are included in the cruise price? Is it only the main dining rooms and the buffet restaurant? Or others like for example the Sports Bar as well?

Kind Regards

Jaap Stam

Thank you very much for your review Disneylover!

I have been on Royal Caribbean and NCL, in October I will experience MSC for the first time and cruise on the Splendida (unfortunately not in the Yacht Club).

I am wondering about one thing you might be able to help with: which of the restaurants are included in the cruise price? Is it only the main dining rooms and the buffet restaurant? Or others like for example the Sports Bar as well?

Kind Regards

Jaap Stam

Only the buffet and main dining room are included. Even snacks at other locations (like the piaza, which is similar to the little snacks on the promendae on larger RCI ships) come at an extra cost (though the extra cost is not all that much---80 cents for a cupcake, for example)

Only the buffet and main dining room are included. Even snacks at other locations (like the piaza, which is similar to the little snacks on the promendae on larger RCI ships) come at an extra cost (though the extra cost is not all that much---80 cents for a cupcake, for example)

Thank you very much for your quick reply Disneylover. I'd like to get in touch again should there be more questions arising :-)

Kind regards

Jaap Stam

Another question to you, Disneylover please, as you have just returned from MSC Splendida:

Can you recommend to pre-book things like drink packages or internet data before the cruise? Are they much more expensive if you only book them when on board?

Kind regards

Jaap Stam

Thanks for your information regarding Splendida. I will be cruising out of Barcelona Spain April 2017 on a MED Cruise. This will be my first cruise on MSC. I have heard a lot about this cruise line, yet I am very excited to visit Europe and the MED. :)