HELP!! Considering MSC, but concerned about dance/MUSIC entertainment!

manmtnmike

We wanted to wait for awhile before we book on this ship.

Everyone has their favs re their cruising experience.

Ours is great cover bands.

So tell me... can we expect "old time rock and roll", disco:eek:... and fun cover bands, with energy that draws you to their venue??

Or will we see European-style mixed with small duets with yawning responses?

Have they adjusted to American style of bands and dancing?

Thanks!!

Mike

Assume you are asking about Divina? And are you trying another line justto experience the same things you get on the others? All of the music is live, no lip-synch in the theater shows. Remember that half of the guests will not be from the US. EM

Assume you are asking about Divina? And are you trying another line justto experience the same things you get on the others? All of the music is live, no lip-synch in the theater shows. Remember that half of the guests will not be from the US. EM

EM, Yes the Divina...

Thanks for the info! Not sure what to expect ...How European of a cruising experience, and what that actually means???

I heard the layout is not conducive for dancing and all Latin gets old for us...

If we go, we'll just adjust our expectations...We've done it before and we'll do it again:)

Mike

There is a decent dance floor in the Black & White lounge Deck 7 aft. there is also a dance floor in the Golden Lounge on deck 7 midship. I know they played American standards there, as we could hear it from our cabin above, and had fun trying to hear it well enough to identify it. EM

Divina - I went during 4th of July so there was a Latin band for the cruise lots of dancing in black and white lounge and on pool deck. (All Latin music then)

The shows were really awesome all entertainers are top notch from the singers to the dancers and acrobats. Best shows I've seen cruising so far.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the Divina about two years ago. Most of the parties played Latin music, including their White Party. The Silver Bar also hosted later parties. The music would also be Latin, but later on they would switch to better known dance music.

As Essiesmon also mentioned, the shows are really good. If you like opera, they do a specific matinee show, which was incredible....and I don't normally appreciate opera.

Oh, one other thing about MSC, their More for Less Premium All Inclusive Package, the higher cost one, includes all drinks with no limits. In 2014 their most expensive drink was Johnnie Walker Blue at 22.00 a shot. This package also included this drink. I ordered a couple of doubles and I definitely made my daily quota of drink costs. I figured quality was even better than quantity in this scenario.

The package also included Coffee Drinks, Ice Cream/Gelato, Pastries from their bakery and the things in your minibar.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself on the Divina in 2014, enough to sail again on her in 2017.

Hope some of this helps in your decision making process. Best of luck!

We wanted to wait for awhile before we book on this ship.

Everyone has their favs re their cruising experience.

Ours is great cover bands.

So tell me... can we expect "old time rock and roll", disco:eek:... and fun cover bands, with energy that draws you to their venue??

Or will we see European-style mixed with small duets with yawning responses?

Have they adjusted to American style of bands and dancing?

Thanks!!

Mike

My husband and I enjoy dancing to cha cha, East Coast Swing, Basic shagging, etc......we have decided to try MSC and was told by other posters that our type of dancing is on the ship.....sure hope so! Not a fan of Latin dancing either......ut oh!!!

My husband and I enjoy dancing to cha cha, East Coast Swing, Basic shagging, etc......we have decided to try MSC and was told by other posters that our type of dancing is on the ship.....sure hope so! Not a fan of Latin dancing either......ut oh!!!

I have to ask the question "what kind of dance is basic shagging?? " It has nothing what so ever to do with dancing here in the UK!!! It has a whole different meaning

Also there was a cha cha, salsa , rumba and merengue class on different nights at around 8pm when we were on board earlier this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

IMO I have been on a lot of cruises, Only one msc and the only thing I could say about MSC in their favour was the wonderful cabin. Been on lots of cruises, would I go with MSC again...No. Music, entertainment, food ...Not for me and I aint fussy.