Cheers question with switching rooms

lharry

I'm booked in a room with DD. Husband with DS. Therefore, one of us can buy Cheers without having to buy it for two.

We always go directly to GS and ask them to switch me and my son's room assignment so that DH and I are in one and the kids in the other. I have read where people will just get an extra room key instead of actually switching rooms, but won't that mean that I would have to carry both cards with me? And what does that mean for charging privileges? My son would just have a "key" but no charging privileges unless I gave him the S&S to our room too? I sure would prefer to just switch rooms vs having an extra key. Seems much easier.

So, can I buy Cheers from the lobby bar and then get GS to switch me to the other room? Will they see that I have cheers and then require DH to purchase it too? Should I go to GS for the switch first, then go to lobby bar and purchase? Is this even a possibility or do I just have to resolve myself to buying 2 Cheers or none?

TIY

If you officially switch cabins you'll both have to get Cheers.

I'm assuming that only one wants it. So you'll have to decide which is best. Pay for a Cheers package you're not going to use or carry an extra card.

. . . Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd rather do without the Cheers for either of us than to carry around an extra key.

I'm going to filter out a personal opinion on that one, and just ask a question . . .

Are these two booked staterooms potentially adjoining, so that the connecting door could remain open/unlocked, and the "double key thing" not be an issue at all???

Edited by DGP1111

Sadie: I'm going to filter out a personal opinion on that one, and just ask a question . . .

Are these two booked staterooms potentially adjoining, so that the connecting door could remain open/unlocked, and the "double key thing" not be an issue at all???

I'm not the OP but that is an excellent question.

OP- do you have connecting cabins?

Edited by SadieN

Ok, I would get a lanyard and just put both cards in the lanyard. Problem solved. Not really carrying around both cards and only paying for one cheers program. But yes if you switch they will notice that for sure!

Edited by kelkel2

Ok, I would get a lanyard and just put both cards in the lanyard. Problem solved. Not really carrying around both cards and only paying for one cheers program. But yes if you switch they will notice that for sure!

That is exactly the way we dealt with it on the Freedom this spring and how we will deal with it on the Magic this October. Was not a problem having both keys on the lanyard for us.