Post Cruise Miami Excursion

Samstress

I searched the boards (including the ports of call ones) and can't seem to find any info on any Miami post cruise excursions either on here or on the NCL site.

Our flight leaves Miami at 5:30PM and that leaves us lots of time after disembarkation to find something to occupy the time. So, I am basically looking for information (whether you have personally experienced it doesn't matter).

Cheers,

Sandra

The Miami Seaquarium is not too far from the port of Miami

There is Jungle Island just minutes from the port but IMHO that is a tourist trap and the place is in serious financial trouble. But it is like a mini tropical zoo.

You could head out to the everglades for a boat tour

Or stay close to downtown and get on one of the tourist sight seeing boats at Bayside

Head over to South Beach for a day hanging on Ocean Drive and Lincoln Road shopping

Or just hit the beach for the day

I think we will have to do something 'organized'; because all four of us will have our luggage tagging along. Otherwise I would just hang out in South Beach:D

I seem to remember an intercoastal waterway tour that my best friend and I took (mind you that was eons ago) of the millionaires row?

In any case, thanks for the input!

Sandra

We have done both the city tour and the everglades tour. Both were worth the money, and luggage was delivered with us to the airport. If you are not familiar with the city or the everglades, I highly recommend these tours.

Ditto.

I preferred the Everglades Airboat best of the two, though.

Taking one of the ships 3 excursions which is includes luggage handling is an option.

And probably your best one.

Otherwise, taxi to Bayside Marketplace, very near the port, they have luggage storage there.

At Bayside you can, eat & shop galore.

There you can also take the Big Bus Tour to both the City and South Beach loops; take a bay boat tour on Island Queen; take a ride on the Jet Boat in the bay, etc......

Edited by silvercrikhix

I think we will have to do something 'organized'; because all four of us will have our luggage tagging along. Otherwise I would just hang out in South Beach:D

I seem to remember an intercoastal waterway tour that my best friend and I took (mind you that was eons ago) of the millionaires row?

In any case, thanks for the input!

Sandra

Sandra, to find the excursions for your debarkation day just click on that day when you're logged into your account. We really enjoyed the everglades tour and I think it's a bit longer than the city tour. Either would be an easy solution to spending the extra time relaxing and getting to the airport on time.

Have a great cruise

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions. I still cannot find any Miami excursions listed on the day of our disembarkation. I'm beginning to think because we are on one of the shorter 4 day Sky cruises that they are not being offered.

I think we might just take the Bayside suggestion.

Cheers

Sandra

It looks like the Bayside will have something for everyone...shopping, scenic excursions,restaurants, etc. I couldn't find anything on the Bayside Webpage about checking luggage so I phoned them. Got the nicest gal on the line and

she offered to check into it & call me back (even though it was long distance!).

She called back & informed me that there is a retail store just to the left of the main entrance called The Travel Store & they will keep our lugguage for the day for $10/bag. Works for me!

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions & happy cruising:D

Edited by Samstress
spelling

It looks like the Bayside will have something for everyone...shopping, scenic excursions,restaurants, etc. I couldn't find anything on the Bayside Webpage about checking luggage so I phoned them. Got the nicest gal on the line and

she offered to check into it & call me back (even though it was long distance!).

She called back & informed me that there is a retail store just to the left of the main entrance called The Travel Store & they will keep our lugguage for the day for $10/bag. Works for me!

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions & happy cruising:D

Bayside is not what it used to be but it definitely can occupy your time before your flight. They have a Hard Rock, Bubba Gump, Hooters, Chilis, etc. I would highly recommend Los Ranchos for lunch or early dinner. Excellent food and very reasonable prices. Fantastic chicken, steak, seafood, etc. They also have some of the best Mojitos around. Bayside is extremely touristy but locals including me love to go to Los Ranchos for lunch. Sort of the hidden gem of Bayside. The shopping is not great but you can get your souvenir stuff to take home. They have boat tours and the Island Queen is an excellent tour of Miami and Star Island. The tour runs constant and lasts about 90 minutes.

Here is a link to Bayside

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/dining-entertainment