Transportation Logistics

lifeasme123

I went through CC site and read as much as I can about transportation in Rome. I feel overwhelmed. Below is what I gathered as the best method of transportation, but I don't know and would like feedback. TIA!!!

Arrive in FCO and go to apartment (Campo di Fiori): First group of 4 will arrive first. Second group (of 5) will arrive late night. Is it best to arrange shuttle service for each group? Or just take a taxi when we get there?

Campo di Fiori to Termini Station: taxi or shuttle?

Termini Station to Naples Centrale Station: train - Italia rail

Centrale Station to Cruise Port (roundtrip): 2 taxis? Is it walkable from the station to the port? Couple of the people can take the taxi and luggage to the port, and the rest can walk, if that is doable?

Naples Centrale Station to FCO: Italia rail and Leonardo Express Train

FCO to Fiumicino Airport B&B Deluxe (roundtrip): shuttle or taxi?

I would arrange shuttles in Rome for that many people with luggage so you will get a van that will comfortably hold everyone and everything.

The train is either Trenitalia or Italotreno, don't buy tickets through a middleman. Since your train travel is not on the day your flight arrives you can save significantly by purchasing in advance. Be sure to look into group and family fares to see if they can save you money but if you buy in advance regular tickets at the super discount fare is probably going to be your best bet.

If each person can handle their own luggage, when you arrive in Naples follow the signs for the metro (using the elevator to get downstairs) and take line one for two stops to Municipio. The cruise port is on the other side of Piazza Municipio from that station. From Napoli Centrale to the cruise port on foot is a mile and a half, too far with luggage.

I would arrange shuttles in Rome for that many people with luggage so you will get a van that will comfortably hold everyone and everything.

The train is either Trenitalia or Italotreno, don't buy tickets through a middleman. Since your train travel is not on the day your flight arrives you can save significantly by purchasing in advance. Be sure to look into group and family fares to see if they can save you money but if you buy in advance regular tickets at the super discount fare is probably going to be your best bet.

If each person can handle their own luggage, when you arrive in Naples follow the signs for the metro (using the elevator to get downstairs) and take line one for two stops to Municipio. The cruise port is on the other side of Piazza Municipio from that station. From Napoli Centrale to the cruise port on foot is a mile and a half, too far with luggage.

Thank you! I didn't know if there is a just big enough to hold our group and all the luggage, so that is why I thought I would have to split the group up into 2. Additionally, on arrival date to FCO, the groups will arrive separately so we will need separate transportation for each group. In this case, should we take shuttle or taxi?

We have the luggage with the spinning wheels, so it should not be a probably for each person to pull their own. Will there be any point we will need to take stairs at the Napoli Centrale? Just want to make sure. :-)

Thanks for the advice!

From what I have researched, there are 2 options for us to get from FCO to the apt we rented:

1. Leonardo Express then taxi to the apt. 15 Euros for the train, plus taxi cost.

2. Shuttle (as you stated) from FCO to the apt. 60 euros for the van

We are 2 groups of 4 and 5 peoples. It actually is less expensive for us to take the shuttle. Am I reading this correctly?

From what I have researched, there are 2 options for us to get from FCO to the apt we rented:

1. Leonardo Express then taxi to the apt. 15 Euros for the train, plus taxi cost.

2. Shuttle (as you stated) from FCO to the apt. 60 euros for the van

We are 2 groups of 4 and 5 peoples. It actually is less expensive for us to take the shuttle. Am I reading this correctly?

Yes, you have the advantage of the economies of scale. Doing the math, you'd be better off just arranging two pickups from airport to your apartment.

Easier, too. :)