Adventure of the Seas/San Juan, PR

We will be sailing on AOS in June and I was wondering where everyone stays in San Juan, PR the night prior to the cruise. I realize this may not be the correct forum to ask this, but I looked at the Florida and East Coast forums and didn't see anything about San Juan. Would someone please point me in the right direction.

It has many, many years since we sailed out of San Juan. All we are looking for is a hotel that is clean, fairly close to the port and within walking distance to restaurants. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.

Condado Hilton or Caribe Hilton. Both within walking distance to many restaurants (Condado is closer), and a short bus ride to Old San Juan:)

Embassy Suites is good too, just a couple blocks from the beach and many places to eat. It's further from Old San Juan.

I've stayed at a few places before and after a cruise. Too much fun stuff to do to fly in the day off cruise IMO. I probably enjoyed Sheraton Old San Juan and Number Uno Guest House the best of the four for different reasons. Sheraton Old San Juan is so close to everything in Old San Juan. Have stayed there twice. Number Uno Guest House is just great. You are close to many restaurants in the Ocean Park area and is right ON the beach! Loved both for different reasons..

IMG_17241.JPG

View from Sheraton Old San Juan.. Suite featured FOUR French Balconies!

IMG_2711.JPG

DSC00898.JPG

Beach at Numero Uno... Pamela's restaurant is right there to deliver to the beach menu items!

Stayed at Ciqala prior to our cruise. While there was nothing wrong and it was clean, I didn't like it. Didn't feel at home. Entered the Sheraton Old San Juan and I loved it. We stayed at La Concha Renaissance in Condado post-cruise and it was amazing. Friendly staff, great pools and lovely beach. I also loved the area!

Cindy

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

I'd say it depends on if you want a beach or old San Juan experience. We stayked at El Convento and thoroughly enjoyed it. We were right in the middle of Old San Juan, loved it...Lots of fantastic restaurant choices.

I haven't stayed in the Condado area yet (will be there in a week) but it is newer and you would have a beach.

We sail from San Juan every January, so I've tried out a few spots. I like the beach, so always choose a place with easy beach access.

Caribe Hilton - the best beach, close to the pier and Old San Juan, but a little further from restaurants, etc.

Marriott Stellaris - nice beach, great service, near lots of good restaurants, but I only stay there if I can find a great rate or trade points.

Embassy Suites - great value, close to beach and restaurants, free breakfast and cocktails in the evening

Intercontinental - close to restaurants, fabulous pool and very nice beach. (we got a fabulous group rate, and are staying there again this year.)

Condado Hilton - Location is excellent, but the beach is not so great. I've found the service lacking, so it's not a top choice for me. But you can often find a really good rate.

We sail from San Juan every January, so I've tried out a few spots. I like the beach, so always choose a place with easy beach access.

Caribe Hilton - the best beach, close to the pier and Old San Juan, but a little further from restaurants, etc.

Marriott Stellaris - nice beach, great service, near lots of good restaurants, but I only stay there if I can find a great rate or trade points.

Embassy Suites - great value, close to beach and restaurants, free breakfast and cocktails in the evening

Intercontinental - close to restaurants, fabulous pool and very nice beach. (we got a fabulous group rate, and are staying there again this year.)

Condado Hilton - Location is excellent, but the beach is not so great. I've found the service lacking, so it's not a top choice for me. But you can often find a really good rate.

Agree with those assessments...with the exception of the restaurants...

There is a Ruth's Chris steakhouse 1 minute outside the main lobby and this wonderful place (terrific food!) a 2 minute cab ride away ($5.00) - it's close enough that we've actually walked back from it twice.

040816_Precruise_Evening_Dinner_Casa_Lola.jpg

You have gotten lots of responses here, but there is a San Juan forum located under Ports of Call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=131

This summer, we stayed at the Embassy Suites after our cruise. It was fine, but we probably won't stay there again. It just seemed too far away. Breakfast and cocktail hour were nice though!

We usually come in a few days before our cruise so we can see different parts of Puerto Rico. Last year, we stayed at the eastern end in Fajardo and this year in the south-central in Ponce, both are 1 to 1.5 hours from San Juan. Highly recommend the experience of getting out of San Juan!

Links to my photo reviews:

Adventure of the Seas, August 2016

Adventure of the Seas, August 2015

Thank you to all for your recommendations and suggestions. I will definitely check out these hotels and see how they're rated on trip adviser. Thank you, too, for the link for Puerto Rico. I had tried to find it earlier, but couldn't. Your link was a huge help to me. :)

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Isla Verde beach resort. Several restaurants on site, nice long beach to walk along, hammocks. It's not in Old San Juan but I chose thus location because I like a nice beach. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

I've also stayed at the Embassy Suites which was very nice but I preferred Courtyard.

Intercontinental looks nice. It was way more expensive then the other two but at the right price I'd probably try it out.

Our cruise onboard the Adventure of the Seas sails at 8:30pm, my question is will they serve dinner in the dining room the first evening and what time is the muster drill if we are leaving so late?

Our cruise onboard the Adventure of the Seas sails at 8:30pm, my question is will they serve dinner in the dining room the first evening and what time is the muster drill if we are leaving so late?

They will serve dinner on the first night, they move the dining times about 30 minutes later on the first night. They have two musters, one around 5;30pm for most of the guests, and then a later one for those that arrive too late for the first one.

We will be sailing on AOS in June and I was wondering where everyone stays in San Juan, PR the night prior to the cruise. I realize this may not be the correct forum to ask this, but I looked at the Florida and East Coast forums and didn't see anything about San Juan. Would someone please point me in the right direction.

It has many, many years since we sailed out of San Juan. All we are looking for is a hotel that is clean, fairly close to the port and within walking distance to restaurants. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.

We have stayed at the Hilton Condado, Marriott Renaissance, and Marriott Stellaris, Ritz Carlton (because Stellaris was under construction and they comped our room) and The Embassy Suites. All of them are great and we would spend a week at any of them just to vacation in San Juan. We pick where ever we have enough points to stay.