Sofitel Miami Airport

sandancer

When we stayed here a couple of years ago, there was a shuttle (for a fee) which took us to a shopping mall. Does anyone know if this is still available or if there are any other hotels that do this. We will be there from around 10am one day until 4pm the next and unless we rent a car we will be stuck at the hotel. Thanks

When we stayed here a couple of years ago, there was a shuttle (for a fee) which took us to a shopping mall. Does anyone know if this is still available or if there are any other hotels that do this. We will be there from around 10am one day until 4pm the next and unless we rent a car we will be stuck at the hotel. Thanks

I have always wondered why so many posters seem unalterably opposed to taking a short taxi ride.

Have no problem with taxi rides but when you are unfamiliar with an area, indeed a different country how would we know where is the best place to go. It is at least 3 years since we in this area and have no idea what the mall was called, much less how to get there.

Maybe the mall was Dolphin Mall....I believe that for $10 you will get a return trip from the hotel.... Can u tell me what you thought of the hotel as I am looking for a hotel in MIA post cruise for just 1 night. Thanks:)

We have stayed at the Sofitel. It's quite nice, has a small but very pleasant pool area. They have a fine resaurant that is a little spendy, but wll worth it. The hotel itself will have current information as to the cost (or lack thereof) of their shuttle. Their phone # is 305/264-4888. When we stayed last January it was free, but of course a tip was expected. It is so close to the airport that if kind of noise disturbs your sleep be sure to ask for a room on the quiet side.

Maybe the mall was Dolphin Mall....I believe that for $10 you will get a return trip from the hotel.... Can u tell me what you thought of the hotel as I am looking for a hotel in MIA post cruise for just 1 night. Thanks:)
sab01 Dolphin Mall does sound familiar so perhaps that was the one. We liked the hotel but as I said it is a while since we were there. We have booked again for a post-cruise stay in November. However, on the Everything Epic forum someone was complaining about cockroaches! They said that was 3 years ago though so lets hope that problem is resolved.

noel386. Nothing in walking distance that I remember and a cab cost us about $32 + tip.

• 2 years later...
sab01 Dolphin Mall does sound familiar so perhaps that was the one. We liked the hotel but as I said it is a while since we were there. We have booked again for a post-cruise stay in November. However, on the Everything Epic forum someone was complaining about cockroaches! They said that was 3 years ago though so lets hope that problem is resolved.

noel386. Nothing in walking distance that I remember and a cab cost us about $32 + tip.

Hi Sandancer,

I am thinking about staying at Sofitel on Dec 1st this year and wanted to know your thoughts of the hotel and if you have stayed there recently. I keep seeing posts about roaches.

Archived