Please Post Balcony Handicapped Room Photos

If anyone who has sailed on the Breakaway in a Balcony Handicapped room please post pictures of the room & balcony. I have seen pics of the HC aft room but need to see the layout of the standard balcony rooms. It would greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks petty big in the room photo. It spans the whole length of the room and looks to have a ramp on both dudes if the slider, so it must be pretty wide. Good luck with your cruise. I am disabled and crying for the first time in the breakaway on Sunday. I rented a scooter from special needs. I am stressed out beyond belief and am still debating in whether to actually go. I am in an accessible ocean view :o

Thanks for the link, the room look big, Anyone have pitures of the balcony of these rooms, if they are as big as I have seen on a normal room my wheelchair will not fit

I can get you pictures or a video if you like ...

One of the hidden gems on this ship is the size of the Aft Mini suite (10916). The room itself is about 500 sq ft and the balcony can easily accommodate 4 lounge chairs, 2 standard chairs and a small table. The bathroom is tremendous with the feel of a standard hotel bathroom. This room had 6 clothing drawers, 10 storage cubbies in the closet, a mini fridge and a full size standard wardrobe closet. The desk area had another 3 drawers and a huge counter space. Since the room is designed as handicap accessible, it is limited to 2 passengers (could easily accommodate 6). The only downside to the room is the electric door … it takes forever to close and if pushed, reopens and restarts the cycle. We have noticed that many new cruisers do not realize that in most state rooms there is adequate storage for 2 or 3 large suitcases under each bed, total 6 for the room. Just gets the bags out of your way.

One of the hidden gems on this ship is the size of the Aft Mini suite (10916). The room itself is about 500 sq ft and the balcony can easily accommodate 4 lounge chairs, 2 standard chairs and a small table. The bathroom is tremendous with the feel of a standard hotel bathroom. This room had 6 clothing drawers, 10 storage cubbies in the closet, a mini fridge and a full size standard wardrobe closet. The desk area had another 3 drawers and a huge counter space. Since the room is designed as handicap accessible, it is limited to 2 passengers (could easily accommodate 6). The only downside to the room is the electric door … it takes forever to close and if pushed, reopens and restarts the cycle. We have noticed that many new cruisers do not realize that in most state rooms there is adequate storage for 2 or 3 large suitcases under each bed, total 6 for the room. Just gets the bags out of your way.

Could you get pics or video of an oceanview accessible room?

Would love to see pics/video posted! This cabin seems to be (at least the balcony) much larger than the M1 next to it - 10316 from AFT pictures that have been posted. Can you confirm that? Thanks so much!

I apologize that I don't have a photo- but my dad was in a handicapped room on 14 on the side not the aft. 14256 I think. THe balcony is long and skinny. He has a standard chair and was able to go out and get back in without help but with little jimmying. e said it was perfect for him. Good thing he is in great shape. He said if you had an electric chair or were in a larger chair (wider for weight issues) you probably wouldn't be able to maneuver coming back in yourself.

And yes-that door is giant pain in the butt!!! And don't try to close it if you have your balcony dooropn.

Archived