Can you bring a case of water/soda onto the ship?

Though the NCL docs might lead you to think otherwise, you can bring soda and water aboard. NOBODY has come here to say otherwise that I have every seen.

As to water - not sure why as the ships water is great, and maybe even better.

We were just on the jewel. I brought with me a case of diet coke (12 drank 4), a case of water bottles(12 but received 11 and all were consumed) and a case of juice boxes (36 all consumed). I put NCL provided luggage tags on each one of the cases. They all made it on board although the water case was opened and one was missing when it arrived in my room.

We were just on the jewel. I brought with me a case of diet coke (12 drank 4), a case of water bottles(12 but received 11 and all were consumed) and a case of juice boxes (36 all consumed). I put NCL provided luggage tags on each one of the cases. They all made it on board although the water case was opened and one was missing when it arrived in my room.

We bring a rolling cooler and place water and soda in there. We have checked and we have also carried it on. The first year, we brought a big bottle of gatorade and our luggage was held and we were called to open the luggage to search for alcohol. The second time, they checked some of the covers of the water bottles to make sure they were not tampered with, but we were allowed to bring them on.

Lisa

Not trying to be judgemental here--just asking a question. Do you think that bringing water/soda/juice etc. on a cruise is akin to bringing your own food or beverage to a restaurant? I understand if you have little kids and bring a juice box or some graham crackers when you go out to eat, but is bringing a case of coke or water going too far? I guess if NCL allows it, it is ok, but just wondering.

Good to know! I'd like to bring some Coke Zero on board when I go. :)

Yes, I have to drag Diet Coke onboard with me and/or search ports for it. My addiction! Have never had problems bringing it aboard.

From my understanding people are bringing their own coke because they only have pepsi on board. It is also nice to have your own pop in the fridge in your room without having to pay for it. As for the water, we like to bring it for port days. We have no problem drinking the water on the ship.

Not trying to be judgemental here--just asking a question. Do you think that bringing water/soda/juice etc. on a cruise is akin to bringing your own food or beverage to a restaurant? I understand if you have little kids and bring a juice box or some graham crackers when you go out to eat, but is bringing a case of coke or water going too far? I guess if NCL allows it, it is ok, but just wondering.

I don't care for the taste of diet pepsi or pepsi for that matter. So for me, I am happy that they let me bring diet coke otherwise I just would not drink any soda. Which is probably better for me anyway....

Wait, did I just read the words PEPSI? Every ship we have been on have been COKE ships. Can this be that NCL serves MT.DEW? I would have one very happy hubby if that were true!

From NCL's FAQ site:

fountain soda: includes Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mountain Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water and Club Soda.

Wait, did I just read the words PEPSI? Every ship we have been on have been COKE ships. Can this be that NCL serves MT.DEW? I would have one very happy hubby if that were true!

Yes NCL serves Mt dew and Pepsi

Just got back from NCL Sky. Brought on a 12 pack of Coke Zero with a luggage tag. Apparently it was dropped (oops). Received a very wet, taped up with red "Liquor" tape, bent up 8 pack + two empties. Saw other whole and happy cases in the hallways, though.

I carried on a 12 pack (cans) of Coke on the NCL Spirit and and a 6 pack of bottles on the Emerald Princess with no problems or questions. I would be worried about checking for the reasons stated above - especially since I have luggage damaged on several cruises.

In January on the Jewel we placed a couple 12 packs of soda in some heavy duty garbage bags and placed them in our smallest roller bag. We checked it with all our other luggage and it arrived perfectly.

After placing the soda in the fridge, we used the garbage bags for laundry.

Have fun!

the answer to your question can vary from people saving money...to those who really need to have their particular soda (e.g. brand/flavor xyz not being served on the ship)...to strictly having something in the room for convenience.

Just got back from Bermuda on the Gem. 3 out of the 6 staterooms brought a case of water, just tapped a luggage tage to the cases, arrived with no problem. I also packed a 12 pack of soda in each of our checdked luggage (too heavy to carry) with no problem. Suggestion - to have room in the fridge for cold water/soda, have the cabin steward clean out all the mini bar stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

anybody know what size small cooler we can get away with? we are going on the spirit and would like to keep a few drinks and capri suns in our cabin for the kids. they generally don't like soft drinks. no fridges on the cabins on the spirit?

Archived