Trikes in Aruba

Csh2145

Anyone else done the trike tour of Aruba? We have rented 2 of the 3 seater trikes for our day in port on June 2nd.

We will be doing them in 2 weeks. Also check the facebook site . lots of Photo's

• 2 weeks later...
My wife and I also are on the June 2nd cruise , I have emailed them several times about booking with them. Looks like alot of fun, alot on good reviews.

LukeBlizz,

I had no problem getting them to answer my email. I'm not sure how many trikes they have. Another poster on CC also tried to get a 3 seater for June 2nd and they told her they only had a 2 seater left. Either way Aruba will be awesome, but hope you they get back to you for this tour....keep trying.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Trikes Aruba on Feb. 15. We had a fantastic time. Loved the tour! Worth every penny, one of the best tours we have done. They have 3 trikes, and 1 of them is a 3 seater. They are very professional. When we first met them, they explain how to drive the bikes, then take you for a short spin to get used to it. They have a little dune buggy that will guide you, and the 3 trikes follow. Went to the lighthouse, the church, along the north part of the island, then down to the southern part for 2 more stops. A fantastic time. Any questions, ask away!

Here is a picture of us on the trike.

2137588321_Jan.Feb2012cruise542.jpg.b4217988e814ad579429eceebd82ef7b.jpg

Here is their website: http://trikes-aruba.com/

It is a 3 hour tour. There are only 3 trikes, so if you want to do this, you need to get in touch with them as soon as you know your date, to be sure they are available. They do a morning tour at 9:00, and another afternoon tour at 1:00. It is all sight seeing and riding the trikes. They meet you just outside the cruise terminal, and you walk across the street and about 1 block to get the trikes. They will explain how to drive them, and you fill out all the paperwork. Then, they take you on a quick spin to show you how to drive. The tour will begin there, and take you north to the lighthouse, and you get off, and take pictures, and continue. Next stop is the little church on the NE side of the island. Again, a few minutes to get off, look around, take some pictures, then continue along the way. We then continued down to the southeast part of the island, and stopped at a little oceanside bar and grill. You are there for 20-30 min. If you want to get something to eat, they take your order as soon as you get there, so there is time to cook it. None in our group ate, we just got cold drinks. Then we continued around to a stop along the south side of the island, the picture I posted in the previous post. Just stopped for a couple minutes for couple pictures. Then, back through town, and we were done. It was tons of fun riding the trikes. This is mostly what the tour is about, the ride around the island. Any time we stop, everyone else is in awe over the trikes, and gather round them to get pictures. Almost makes you feel like a celebrity!

Here are a couple more pictures from our tour, the first is at the lighthouse, the 2nd one is at the little church, and the 3rd one is at the oceanside bar.

866121093_Jan.Feb2012cruise494.jpg.4ca6646fe4032fec6621007c7442cccb.jpg

1922354298_Jan.Feb2012cruise518.jpg.a9ead57c4655672b7b8c5bcd10e4ff17.jpg

399941610_Jan.Feb2012cruise538.jpg.156bc7983cce32585bc936822f45dc9c.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The Trikes sound awesome, but I only just discovered this thread and we will be in Aruba in less than a month. For those of you who booked them, how far in advance did you write?

• 4 weeks later...
Here is their website: http://trikes-aruba.com/

It is a 3 hour tour. There are only 3 trikes, so if you want to do this, you need to get in touch with them as soon as you know your date, to be sure they are available. They do a morning tour at 9:00, and another afternoon tour at 1:00. It is all sight seeing and riding the trikes. They meet you just outside the cruise terminal,(we were told we had to get a taxi to them:confused:) and you walk across the street and about 1 block to get the trikes. They will explain how to drive them, and you fill out all the paperwork. Then, they take you on a quick spin to show you how to drive. The tour will begin there, and take you north to the lighthouse, and you get off, and take pictures, and continue. Next stop is the little church on the NE side of the island. Again, a few minutes to get off, look around, take some pictures, then continue along the way. We then continued down to the southeast part of the island, and stopped at a little oceanside bar and grill. You are there for 20-30 min. If you want to get something to eat, they take your order as soon as you get there, so there is time to cook it. None in our group ate, we just got cold drinks. Then we continued around to a stop along the south side of the island, the picture I posted in the previous post. Just stopped for a couple minutes for couple pictures. Then, back through town, and we were done. It was tons of fun riding the trikes. This is mostly what the tour is about, the ride around the island. Any time we stop, everyone else is in awe over the trikes, and gather round them to get pictures. Almost makes you feel like a celebrity!

Here are a couple more pictures from our tour, the first is at the lighthouse, the 2nd one is at the little church, and the 3rd one is at the oceanside bar.

Thank you for the review, we are doing this when we go in Dec with Princess. I think it will be the highlight of the cruise! What did you do after the trikes?

After reading all the great reviews about the trikes I reserved 2 three seater trikes for 6 in May of 2013. I didn't want to miss out because it is the #1 recommendation thing to do on Trip Advisor. I initially was thinking of renting a jeep to get around for our group of 6, but this sounded like so much more fun. I don't think the company picks you up at the cruise terminal anymore. They advised us to get a taxi which costs about $9.00 each way. After our trike tour we plan to spend the rest of the day at Palm Beach before we have to take a taxi back.

I think they have increased their inventory too, but it does fill up quick. Everyone in our group thought this was a "cool" way to see the island. Can't wait!!! :D

We booked this back in July for when we are in Aruba this October. But I just got notified that they will not pick us up at the dock as promised. We will have to take a car or taxi to their location. We are only in Aruba 5 hours and this may end up being a deal breaker. :(