Toothbrush

2ptu/000

Just started packing for our next cruise and found new toothbrush holders that I bought a while ago. Just wondering, what do you do with your toothbrush on a cruise? We usually put them in one of the glasses. These new holders have a suction cup on the back so you can stick them to the mirror.

I bring my electric toothbrush, charged so I don't need the big holder, and leave it on the counter.Same as at home. I rinse it before each use and it holds the charge for the 14+ days I'm away.

Same here though we do take one charger for the two of us. When we bought our electric toothbrushes they came with individual travel bags and sometimes we'll put the unit away after we've used it. Really depends on the cabin and counter space in the bathroom or dressing area.

I usually put mine inside a drawer inside a kleenex. One time when staying in a very nice hotel in Mexico I came back to the room in find a bug sitting on my toothbrush:eek: yuk! I also don't want to have it in the bathroom where I could knock it in the toilet.

I bring an electric toothbrush which needs to be set in the charger. I have a large charger which I leave at home, and a small charger which stays in the carry-on until I'm ready to pack. When getting ready to travel, I roll the toothbrush in a wash cloth, which also makes its home in that carry-on.

The charger has taken up little space on the vanity. Now that I have to use the outlet on the desk most of the time :rolleyes:, it does not get in the way there either.

I put mine back in my drawer. When they clean the counter you have no idea what gets sprayed on it or if it falls while he is cleaning the rest of the bathroom counter. No one wants to taste soap when they brush. And I know they clean as everything is rearranged when we get back in the afternoon.

Gail and I must think alike. I was typing while she posted.

Same here though we do take one charger for the two of us. When we bought our electric toothbrushes they came with individual travel bags and sometimes we'll put the unit away after we've used it. Really depends on the cabin and counter space in the bathroom or dressing area.

Same for us.

I bring one charger for both our brushes. It isn't very large or heavy and the toothbrushes came with plastic cases that are perfect to protect during travel and take no space or weight.

We travel too many days a year to not use our electric brushes all those weeks. They really do a better job than manual IMO and I bring them with us.

(Sonicare)

Just wanted to add that I always bring a spare unopened one with me. Just in case I drop it on the counter or on the floor. Yes, it happend once and since then I bring the extra.

Good to mention that.

I always leave two unopened, new manual toothbrushes in the suitcase just in case one of our electric toothbrushes fails during our trip. We will have the back up.

I bring a disposable battery operated brush. Have a head cover for it, and just keep it in my cosmetic kit. DH keeps his in his Dopp Kit. I truly don't want to have anything left on the counter in case it ends up getting into cleaning solution or rags/brushes used for cleaning all the cabins. Of course, my husband calls me Howard Hughes!!!:cool:

Before they took out the medicine cabinets (why did they do that???) I put my toiletries in the cabinet. Now I have a case with a flip top lid that stands on the counter. I have never seen any evidence that the stewards move things on the desk/bathroom counter when they clean the rooms. I am a bit obsessive about where and how I put things on the counters and I have never seen them moved.

We've been using the suction cup toothbrush holders for years - they are great! I got ours from the supermarket and some lady bug ones for the kids from e-bay.

For those interested in buying of having a look, do a search on e-bay and you will see many varieties (and very cheap too!). :)

Our room steward wiped down the counter, polished the faucet and replaced any glasses we used every day. Our brushes and razors were lined up. I assumed every one got clean counters every day. That is why I tried to remember to put the stuff away so he could clean better. I liked having a clean counter each day.

Archived