Single Cabins For Royal Caribbean?

LauraS

I am happy to learn that Royal Caribbean is considering introducing cabins for solo travels. I just hope that the cabins are going to be spacious enough and good located. Location, for example midship, is especially important because of safety reasons. I am sure there are many of us who enjoy cruising so much that, once in a while, or quite often would like to cruise solo without having to pay the full price for a cabin of two. Some cruiselines like Silversea have once in a while offers for singles with only 25% -40%. The cabins they ofer are not smaller, but are their regular cabins.

I would definitely be interested and will be waiting to hear of RCCL's decision to accommodate single travellers. I sailed NCL's Epic in Oct in one of their "sungle studios" and loved it. I would cruise a lot more if single accommodations were available. With the single cabins on NCL;s Epic, they also had a single traveller gathering every evening with snacks and 2 for 1 drinks. It made for a nice social event every evening. I have already written to Carnival Cruise Line to ask if they are considering making any changes.

I would definitely be interested in RC offers these cabins. As a single woman who has travelled alone on the last 2 cruises, I've wound up paying double for both cruises as there was no provision for single travellers on the ships I was on. It would be nice if all ships offered these cabins, no matter what the cruise line.

I am frustrated at having to pay 1X2 for a cabin Whatever happened to 1.5

I would take a LOT more cruises if pricing were more reasonable.

So,now i just fly to Mexico or where ever. And remember that 3 million baby boomers are turning 65 every year! Thats a lot of business to ignore since there are more single adults now than in any point in our countries history. Doubt it? Googgle it

Leo Maru

And yes Maru is what all Japanese ships have painted after their name. It means a successful voyage or circle ie go out and come back.

If it is an inside or ocean view, I'll most likely grin and bear it and just pay the single supplement for a balcony. I've been in insides and ocean views on one week cruises and was not too happy about it.

Now, if Royal Caribbean offers single balcony cabins, then yes, Royal Caribbean will likely see more of me. My last cruise with RC was in June 2009. My last two and next two are with Carnival owned lines (Princess and Carnival). RC tends to be more expensive for something that is just as good, so having something for singles would interest me.

I would love it if RCCL would offer a singles option specifically for a balcony cabin. There are so many times that I would like to join CC friends on a cruise, but if I don't have someone to share a cabin with, it makes the cost prohibitive. I love to cruise and certainly don't mind cruising alone (I did it twice on Carnival because it was affordable), but I don't like having to pay for two people when I am only one person. I hope RCCL will listen to us and bring this on board.

I would definitely take advantage of solo travel if the price was right. I cruised a lot w/my hubby but he passed away this year. I have seen a lot of cruises that I would take but the cost was prohibitive. It would be nice if the cabins were outside or balcony. I really dislike inside cabins.

I just hope that the cabins are going to be spacious enough and good located. Location, for example midship, is especially important because of safety reasons.

I am confused, what makes mid-ship safer? This is an honest question, forgive me if I seem stupid. I'm just not sure what the safety issue is.

I would have taken a single cabin when I went before. I mean these ships average around 3000 guests now per sailing, and you're making every one of them go as a couple or pay the additional fair?

Singles don't need a lot of space either, they're most likely going to be out of their room the whole time anyway.

And the abundance of "singles cruises" where they pair people up isn't evidence enough for demand of single cabins?

What is the occupancy rate on shoulder season or repositioning cruises? I just completed a repositioning cruise on Grandeur of the Seas, solo-(senior) with a full ocean-view cabin at an excellent price. There were lots of singles aboard. I made a few new friends and had a fabulous time! RCCL-Let's do this again!

BTW, I don't think a cruise with a ship full of traditional 20 something singles would appeal-at least to me.

I am confused, what makes mid-ship safer? This is an honest question, forgive me if I seem stupid. I'm just not sure what the safety issue is.

Mid ship cabins are not any safer than any other cabin. They just pitch (up and down movement) less than cabins closer to either end of the ship.

Where are you finding good single rates?

The less popular times to sail - hurricane season when kids are in school, September-before Thanksgiving, and between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and mid-January to mid-February, and late April to mid-May. The single cruisefare is often smaller - as low as 150% instead of 200%.

Check out the Tuesday specials:

(single rate is the percentage at the bottom of the column)

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

I think it is a great idea!

Sometimes I can travel but my husband can't and I really hate sharing my room with a stranger [i don't have many friends who could travel at the drop of a hat]

I take pain meds, which I lock in the room safe when I travel and am not going to be in the room, and I do not want some stranger browsing through my medications!

As Merion Mom stated I found my deals for sailings in Sept. and Oct. I book usually within 2 months of sailing, checking the internet sight that I'm sure I'm not allowed to mention but it begins with a T. Also all balcony cabins were gotten with a senior rate. I tried doing inside cabins for saving money but found I really need a balcony to enjoy my cruises.

I definitely would like to see single staterooms on the Liberty and Freedom with a Balcony. I recently sailed on the Liberty as a single in a Balcony room. It was a great experience. The cruise was a short 3 night CocoCay special cruise, and the single supplement seemed to disappear when I booked the cruise. The single room would allow me to take longer cruises and fit within my budget. I enjoyed the balcony, and it would give Royal Caribbean an edge over the interior rooms on Norwegian Epic.

I am single, and have gone on cruises alone several times, usually having to pay twice as much for the privilege. I would love to have a single cabin. Only once have I had a single cabin and it was in the bow area of a Royal Olymic ship. I got really seasick there on the way back from Turkey to Greece through rough seas.

I also like midship cabins because there is less movement.

I have never been able to afford anything but the inside cabin because of the excessive cost of oceanside and balcony cabins if you travel solo. I don't agree that balcony is the only way to go. If you cannot afford it, you can enjoy a wonderful cruise anywhere you are on the ship, because you still have the same food, entertainment and access to decks, etc.. You don't have to spend a lot of time in the cabin unless you are sleeping!

I am going solo on a cruise before Christmas. That is when you get the better single rates.

Betty Jean:D

Archived