How can I help make your visit better?

drake2014

Sorry, just noticed I had skipped this one. Definitely do the Cay Beach Break at Hotel on the Cay, snorkeling and swimming at the palms is terrible. Pelican cove has pretty rough water year round compared to the rest of the island.

Thanks for the help Drake!

Hi Drake,

Ill be there on Christmas day this year from 8:00 to 3:00.

I hope that something will be open. Not sure if enough time for snorkel, but was thinking about just bar hopping or hang gliding with Fly St Croix.

Any suggestions you can help me with would be great!

Thanks,

Dave

I thought it was time to start a new thread for advice since it's been almost a year and the other thread is getting really long.

Feel free to ask me anything about my home, I want everyone to enjoy their time here as much as possible!

Happy travels!

-Drake

thanks for this. We are renting a car for our day in St. Croix. We are hoping to visit the botanical gardens, then drive to Christiansted. Wondering if you have any suggestions of other things we may want to visit/see. Also wondering which beaches might be along the way. We have from 8-5:30 in port and are hoping to get the car for 9 am and be back for 4.

Thanks in advance,

Elaine and Steve

I thought it was time to start a new thread for advice since it's been almost a year and the other thread is getting really long.

Feel free to ask me anything about my home, I want everyone to enjoy their time here as much as possible!

Happy travels!

-Drake

We are looking for a tour that does not go shopping or to a beach .Are there any ?

Thanks.

Lenny

Hi Drake,

Ill be there on Christmas day this year from 8:00 to 3:00.

I hope that something will be open. Not sure if enough time for snorkel, but was thinking about just bar hopping or hang gliding with Fly St Croix.

Any suggestions you can help me with would be great!

Thanks,

Dave

Christmas day is a tough one. We are really busy during the Christmas Season but on the actual holiday the pickings may be a bit slim. Your best bet would be to try Freedom City or Sandcastle. They'll probably be there.

thanks for this. We are renting a car for our day in St. Croix. We are hoping to visit the botanical gardens, then drive to Christiansted. Wondering if you have any suggestions of other things we may want to visit/see. Also wondering which beaches might be along the way. We have from 8-5:30 in port and are hoping to get the car for 9 am and be back for 4.

Thanks in advance,

Elaine and Steve

From the Botanical Gardens to Christiansted you are headed right up the middle of the island (that's why the road in between is called Centerline Road) so there is lots to see. Lots of little hole in the wall restaurants and shops along that road but no beaches. When you get into Christiansted be sure to hit The Blue Mutt on company street and the Purple Papaya down on the water.

We are looking for a tour that does not go shopping or to a beach .Are there any ?

Thanks.

Lenny

Gecko's ATV Tours takes you up into the rainforest, that might work for you.

Or you could get Prince to take you to the rum distilleries.

• 3 weeks later...
From the Botanical Gardens to Christiansted you are headed right up the middle of the island (that's why the road in between is called Centerline Road) so there is lots to see. Lots of little hole in the wall restaurants and shops along that road but no beaches. When you get into Christiansted be sure to hit The Blue Mutt on company street and the Purple Papaya down on the water.

Hi Drake.

It turns out that we can't rent a car because they don't offer liability insurance throught the rental agencies and we won't drive without it. I'm in a bit of a pickle because I recently broke my foot so I can't walk around. I wondered if you know of any beaches that a taxi might be able to get me close enough to so that I can get on to the sand without too much walking. I have a special cane that will allow me to walk on sand but I really can't go to far. I figure that's about all I can do. I can't tour a town and I can't be in a car too long for a tour because my foot swells if it's down too long so a tour with a group is out of the question. I just want to get from the cruise terminal, to beach, on to the sand and put the leg out and then back to the cruise. I have the cast off now so I can swim (My husband will help me in and out of the water)

Thanks

Hi Drake.

It turns out that we can't rent a car because they don't offer liability insurance throught the rental agencies and we won't drive without it. I'm in a bit of a pickle because I recently broke my foot so I can't walk around. I wondered if you know of any beaches that a taxi might be able to get me close enough to so that I can get on to the sand without too much walking. I have a special cane that will allow me to walk on sand but I really can't go to far. I figure that's about all I can do. I can't tour a town and I can't be in a car too long for a tour because my foot swells if it's down too long so a tour with a group is out of the question. I just want to get from the cruise terminal, to beach, on to the sand and put the leg out and then back to the cruise. I have the cast off now so I can swim (My husband will help me in and out of the water)

Thanks

I am so sorry to hear. Dorsche Beach should still be doable for you but there are no amenities there. Rythyms at Rainbow Beach is a good alternative, comfortable seats at the bar right next to the beach.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks so much Drake.

We are scheduled to arrive on Friday, Dec 15th and are interested in the drinking pigs and snorkeling at Sandcastle.

How should we handle getting to and between these two attractions? Can we walk between these? If not, which one should we taxi to first, then taxi between, taxi back?

Really appreciate your input.

Sandcastle is just a little over a mile south of the port. We took a taxi with a bunch of other people and it was very reasonable.

Ooops, I'm sorry I just realized you're asking how to get between these two places. I would still think a taxi will be reasonable.