Summit Sky Suite: 6145/46 or 6131/32

dkny330

Thanks for mentioning that. I also had to give up my perks for this cruise as I got the resident discount for the cruise. I saved $1100 dollars and being as how I don't drink and can get water or soda at Michael's Club, I figured out that even by paying my own gratuities and with $300 OBC, I still saved about $600 as I never use the internet anyway on the cruise and could care less for that perk. I hope I did the right thing as my nephew is with me and we won't have a soda package for him even though he can go to Michael's and get cans of soda to bring back to the room I think????

Thanks for mentioning that. I also had to give up my perks for this cruise as I got the resident discount for the cruise. I saved $1100 dollars and being as how I don't drink and can get water or soda at Michael's Club, I figured out that even by paying my own gratuities and with $300 OBC, I still saved about $600 as I never use the internet anyway on the cruise and could care less for that perk. I hope I did the right thing as my nephew is with me and we won't have a soda package for him even though he can go to Michael's and get cans of soda to bring back to the room I think????

I was so on the fence of giving up the 4 perks for the resident's rate - it wasn't an easy decision. "Convenience" is nice, but then we thought about it (and thought about it well) and since we really don't drink (we do enjoy our coffee!) and we can go to Michael's for a pre/post dinner drink - the Resident's special was in the end a better deal for us.

I am sure you can acquire a can of coke from Michael's - I don't see why not?

You sail before us and I appreciate your feedback on #6131 and overall cruise Xperience :)

Heather

I was so on the fence of giving up the 4 perks for the resident's rate - it wasn't an easy decision. "Convenience" is nice, but then we thought about it (and thought about it well) and since we really don't drink (we do enjoy our coffee!) and we can go to Michael's for a pre/post dinner drink - the Resident's special was in the end a better deal for us.

I am sure you can acquire a can of coke from Michael's - I don't see why not?

You sail before us and I appreciate your feedback on #6131 and overall cruise Xperience :)

Heather

Surely. Last year I was on this cruise on August 9th however in Aquaclass. I know what to expect and what to do and know where everything is already. It should be easier and a blast however I will report back to you. 6131 has that extended "bump" balcony that is in high demand. I was just lucky that when I booked back in December the whole ship was still basically empty at that time and both 6131 and 6146 were available for me and my sister. When is your cruise?

Michaels you can get soda and water to take to your room. On some ships with a free standing fridge they are available 24 hrs a day. Bar in Michaels is open from early morning to midnight for drinks so it's not limited to pre/post dinner cocktails.

Michaels you can get soda and water to take to your room. On some ships with a free standing fridge they are available 24 hrs a day. Bar in Michaels is open from early morning to midnight for drinks so it's not limited to pre/post dinner cocktails.

So is Michael's on the Summit open all day basically(except after midnight) and do they have a free standing fridge??? I was told they did and all I had to do was go in and grab some items and leave--no questions asked. Is that true on the Summit???

Hope you didn't let 6146 go! 6146 and 6145 best sky suites on the Summit. Look at youtube. We have 6146 and 6131 booked for our son and daughter in law. Hope it isn't too late

HEy,

I already answered this above however here was my answer as you obviously missed it,

"I decided to stay in room 6131 and let go of 6145. My sister and family will be in room 6146 however and hope they will enjoy it after what you are saying. I am looking so forward to the big balcony and the sky suite. My cruise is on August 21st. Besides Michael's Club and the suite only restaurant--what are some of the other perks of suite class?"

I am so looking forward to being in 6131 and my sister is gonna love 6146.

HEy,

I already answered this above however here was my answer as you obviously missed it,

"I decided to stay in room 6131 and let go of 6145. My sister and family will be in room 6146 however and hope they will enjoy it after what you are saying. I am looking so forward to the big balcony and the sky suite. My cruise is on August 21st. Besides Michael's Club and the suite only restaurant--what are some of the other perks of suite class?"

I am so looking forward to being in 6131 and my sister is gonna love 6146.

great! Tell her to go on youtube both cabins are on it!

We were in 6145 a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it. The bathroom was amazing and the decor was a nice change of pace compared to that of standard rooms. Also, having the PH butler was really nice; he even invited us to dine at the Captain's Table one night.

We were in 6131 and had the same butler as the PH (Nelson for that cruise).

• 4 weeks later...
Did =X= renovate 45/46 when Summit was in for dry dock? I know that they did the PH's, so not sure if these two were also redone?

Was this question every answered? Does anyone know if these two aft Sky Suites were renovated with the rest of the AFT suites on Summit (Royal and Penthouse)???

Shawn

Believe that none of the sky suites were remodeled. We were in 6125 on the Summit 2 weeks ago and nothing was changed. The plan was just to remodel the Penthouse and Royal suites.

Yes, but just curious as 6145/6 are attached to the Penthouse suites and have always had different decor than other S1's which is similar in style to the Penthouses. Just thought that they might want to have them match as they are connected.

Regardless, I'm sure we'll love 6145.

Shawn

• 2 weeks later...
Now that suite guests get Luminae--do we still get this one night at a specialty restaurant of our choice like they use to do in the past--or is it null and void now??? ANY ONE KNOW?????

As far as I know, the policy regarding specialty restaurant options changed Jan 1/16. If you booked your cruise prior to Jan 1/16 you will still qualify to go to specialty restaurants based on the length of your cruise as per the previous policy. If you booked after Jan 1/16, Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites no longer come with free specialty restaurant privilege. (other than Blu, of course)

Randy

Edited by Schmoe38

As far as I know, the policy regarding specialty restaurant options changed Jan 1/16. If you booked your cruise prior to Jan 1/16 you will still qualify to go to specialty restaurants based on the length of your cruise as per the previous policy. If you booked after Jan 1/16, Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites no longer come with free specialty restaurant privilege. (other than Blu, of course)

Randy

I booked on Dec 29th 2015 and I had seen it advertised then. However nothing about it now. Should I call Celebrity and inquire or ask my concierge or butler when on board?

I booked on Dec 29th 2015 and I had seen it advertised then. However nothing about it now. Should I call Celebrity and inquire or ask my concierge or butler when on board?

Here is a posting from Celebrity Cruises on the main boards May 23/16.

Hope this helps

Randy

Celebrity Suite and Sky Suite bookings (for any sail date) that are made by January 1, 2016 will still enjoy the complimentary specialty dining reservations benefit. These suite guests will enjoy 1 specialty restaurant reservation for each guest in the suite for cruises 7 nights or less and 2 specialty restaurant reservations for each suite guest for cruises 8 nights or longer. All other new Suite Class benefits will begin during January 2016.

Celebrity Cruises

http://www.Celebrity.com

Here is a posting from Celebrity Cruises on the main boards May 23/16.

Hope this helps

Randy

Celebrity Suite and Sky Suite bookings (for any sail date) that are made by January 1, 2016 will still enjoy the complimentary specialty dining reservations benefit. These suite guests will enjoy 1 specialty restaurant reservation for each guest in the suite for cruises 7 nights or less and 2 specialty restaurant reservations for each suite guest for cruises 8 nights or longer. All other new Suite Class benefits will begin during January 2016.

Celebrity Cruises

www.Celebrity.com

Thank YOu Randy. How do I get to the main boards to see this and other postings??? Also what new Suite Class benefits began in January 2016????? Thanks.

Geoff

Thank YOu Randy. How do I get to the main boards to see this and other postings??? Also what new Suite Class benefits began in January 2016????? Thanks.

Geoff

At the top right portion of the main boards there is a tab marked "search this forum." When you click on it a box will come up. I put in "specialty restaurants suites" and click on "posts."

You will see a numbers of posts that include the words in your search. If you go down to the 7th post you will see one titled "Celebrity Suite Specialty Dining." A number of postings will come up. Scroll to the one from Celebrity Cruises and you will see the response. This particular one is July 2016 but this same posting has come out a number of times throughout 2016.

In order to find the current suite class benefits, go to the Celebrity website and click on Onboard Experience. A drop down menu is produced. Click on Staterooms and then Suite Class. The respective suites are named. Click on "see full details" and you will have your particulars.

Randy