Dolphin Encounter-Chankanaab Park or Anthony Key in Roatan?

bfoxey1949

We are a family of 25 going to Roatan in Dec. Several are wanting to do the Dolphin encounter and swim excursion. We don't know if Anthony Key in Roatan or Chankanaab Park in Cozumel ? Which would be the better choice? :)

16 yrs ago, we booked both of these through Carnival. Anthonys Key Resort was the BEST hands down. Cozumel was first, loved the dolphin "encounter". Then, then the next day was Roatan, and a gorgeous resort, and a much richer experience, as dolphins are not pinned in. Google Anthony's Key Resort. Nice pictures and a beautiful resort. I always wanted to go back. So lovely!

Thank you for your input!! Yes Anthony Key looks like an amazing resort!! Our group is so big and not all want to do the dolphins. Also Anthony Key doesn't off the dolphin ride on the excursion with RC,but Chankanaab does. Did you book with cruise line in Cozumel or directly with the park?

We always book our excursions through the cruise-line. At that time, it was NCL. Have fun, whatever you choose. We always say that we will have to go back and do the excursions that we we missed, just another reason to book another cruise. It is always fun to see and try new things! Dolphins are great wherever you are, and the experience in Cozumel is likely much better now than it was in 2000! I hope you will come back with a fun review! These boards are always so helpful when planning a cruise! Sounds very fun to be cruising with such a large group, very exciting indeed! Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

My guess is that you could book with your ship. Ours was NCL, the year was 2000 and an older ship. If you cant find that info online, give them a call. Sorry I am unable to be more help. Have fun and write back to let all the Cruise Critics know!