Posted April 8th, 2005, 06:33 PM
After looking again, it's not the taxes and fees that change - it's the fare!
- Web rate - $823 per person
- however ... when you go to the page for the total include the fee, it shows
- Total Cost - $661.50 per person (add the $165 in fees to get the total of $827.30)
- Web rate - $823 (same quote as the first)
- however ... when you go to the total page
- Total Cost - $684 - taxes and fees are the exact same, but now the total is $849.80.
After looking closely, the fare quoted on the first page is fare + port charges, but not taxes. So the total fare is fare, port charges and taxes. That doesn't explain how these sites could come up with the same web rate when their base fares weren't the same.
Man, this is confusing!! I'm trying so hard to make sure I get a good deal that I'm imagining conspiracies!! I'm beginning to see the value of having someone else do the looking! (Plus, I'm getting tired of putting that I'm a Texas resident in order to get a quote.
) Even cruise compete is looking good although my experience there is that TAs can't follow directions. They keep giving me quotes for something other than what I asked for. Sigh.
Thanks for your patience everyone!