Celebrity Pier in San Juan

stebul

Does Celebrity "always" use the Pan American pier in San Juan? I have read that RCCL operates the Pan Am terminal. I checked the port's web schedule, but they don't have the information up for next fall. Any experiences with Celebrity using the Old San Juan piers?

Thanks!

Steve

This January I was sitting on my balcony on the NCL Dawn in port at Old San Juan when the Infinity pulled in two berths away. I said to my husband "I want to be on that ship." So anyway my guess is that if the ship is visiting San Juan for the day it may dock at Old San Juan, but the 2 times we left from San Juan on Celebrity it was from the Pan American dock.

Steve,

My understanding is that if your Celebrity cruise orginates and ends in San Juan then your ship will be using the Pan American Pier. Evidently this facility is better able to provide for major re-stocking of the ship for it's next scheduled departure and for taxis and buses to and from the airport.

The Old San Juan pier is only used when San Juan is simply one of the stops of your cruise.

The Pan American Pier (accross the bay from OSJ) is about a 10-15 minute taxi ride from OSJ. The cost is generally $14. Depends on how many bags you have.

The cost would be about the same from the Isla Verde area as well, which is the stretch of hotels along the beach down near the airport.

The Pan Am pier is owned by Royal Carribbean. Royal Carribbean owns Celebrity, therefore Celebrity uses the Pan Am pier.

Enjoy your trip!

Book the Caribe Hilton. It's a quick shot over to the Pan American Pier, and is very reasonably priced (especially if you priceline).

Thanks for the input. I have 500K Marriott Rewards points, so the Marriott it will be. I might have considered the Sheraton for one night IF the ship was docking in OSJ and we could have walked to the pier. We were able to walk to the ship from our hotel in Sydney before our HAL Statendam cruise a few weeks ago, and it is a great convenience!

Steve

Thanks for the input. I have 500K Marriott Rewards points, so the Marriott it will be. I might have considered the Sheraton for one night IF the ship was docking in OSJ and we could have walked to the pier. We were able to walk to the ship from our hotel in Sydney before our HAL Statendam cruise a few weeks ago, and it is a great convenience!

Steve

I too have over 500K Marriott points. We stayed at the Sheraton (was Wyndham then) and did walk across the street to the pier. We actually had a suite facing the docks and watched until the passengers had debarked and embarkation had started. Then we rolled our luggage across the street and boarded. Cruise was San Juan to San Juan. Interestingly enough, when we returned at the end of the cruise we docked at the Pan American Pier.

I don't know how to determine where you start and where you end. Next time I'd call Celebrity or the cruise line of your choice. How valid the information they give you might be ... I don't know.

Archived