Ladies....what do you carry onboard?

Hsmama

• 3 weeks later...
I'm thinking about purse choices for a cruise next week,it's AK,so not spending all day swimming,etc probably. What do ladies prefer to carry around onboard with them? A purse? what is needed onboard at any given time? Or just leave everything in the room,and carry just the ship pass/key card? I know I'll want my camera with me all the time,other than that I'm stuck deciding what I need to bring. For excursion days I'm using my daypack, same for traveling thru airports,I use the daypack as my purse.-thanks!

Mrs Gut uses a lanyard with a pouch on the end, in it goes everything she is likely to need, her cruise card, coffee card, daily news letter. Maybe a few dollars even a pen if she thinks she needs one.

I don't know how I'm ever going to decide on what to knit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm knitting scarves to give for Christmas presents. I found some gorgeous Lion Brand yarn called Mandala that I found at WalMart. I'm normally a yarn snob and won't touch Walmart yarn, but this is really nice and soft, but still washable because it's acrylic. The colors are to die for too.

I find that it is easiest not to carry a purse on any cruise anywhere. I have dresses with pockets and jackets with pockets. If it is cold I wear pants with a shirt and a jacket with pockets and possibly an overcoat. Onboard the ship I put my cruise card in a pocket and if I'm getting off the ship, I put my passport and a credit card and some cash in other pockets. Small cameras and cellphones also fit in to pockets. Because I don't carry a purse, it is hard for pickpockets to figure out where my valuables are, so I've never been pick pocketed anywhere. In Alaska, pick pocketing is not much of a problem, though. But you will be walking around for hours, so why carry a bag that will make you weighed down where you will get tired and a sore back or shoulder from carrying it? Stick with the least you can carry and utilize pockets. Here are some examples of clothes with plenty of pockets:

https://www.scottevest.com/womens-best-travel-clothing.shtml

I read a lot, and I always have a book or my kindle in my purse. My husband carries his kindle as well. Often we go to one of the shows early to get a good seat, and the books make the wait more pleasurable.

I will post this on behalf of DW who has cruised more then 1000 days. Most of the time she does not want to bother carrying any kind of purse and usually has no pockets. But she takes her Kindle everywhere so just tucks her cabin key in the Kindle case (it has never demagnetized the key). On formal nights (which are no longer formal nights on most ships) she might carry a small purse.

Hank