10 year old attire on formal night

He will be fine in that outfit. ;)

Children grow too fast to have to buy formal clothes for a cruise that he may never wear again or be unhappy in.

Do not let others on here influence you into buying or renting tuxes and second hand clothes that your child will hate to wear or never wear again. :D

You will hear that too. ;) :D

It is his cruise too and let him enjoy it. I have sailed many cruises and have seen many young men look exactly as you describe dressing your son. They looked very handsome.

Yes, I have always dressed to the nines.

Next cruise, I am not even taking formal wear. :D

He will be fine in that outfit. ;)

Children grow too fast to have to buy formal clothes for a cruise that he may never wear again or be unhappy in.

Do not let others on here influence you into buying or renting tuxes and second hand clothes that your child will hate to wear or never wear again. :D

You will hear that too. ;) :D

It is his cruise too and let him enjoy it. I have sailed many cruises and have seen many young men look exactly as you describe dressing your son. They looked very handsome.

Yes, I have always dressed to the nines.

Next cruise, I am not even taking formal wear. :D

Well said and I agree with all of the above. Don't let "The Clothes Police" intimidate you. No doubt this thread will soon get the post with "the link". Disregard it and worry about only what you are wearing (or in this case your son) and not others and you won't be wrong!

On formal nights, is it OK for my son to just wear dress pants, shirt and tie or does he also need to wear a jacket? He is 10 and hates to wear the jacket. We don't want to offend anybody in the dining room.

He'll be fine dressed in a shirt and tie.

lol lol me too, when I read the subject matter, I thought you meant you had attire that was/is ten years old and were thinking about wearing it. My response was going to be , yes, go ahead and wear it, if it fits, go for it. I just wish my ten year old outfits still fit. Well some do and yes I certainly do wear them.

Your 10 year old will be fine, and probably most comfortable and thankful for not having to wear a jacket or a tux.

Annieeee

I had to laugh when I saw the title of the thread...

Just about all my attire is 10 years old or older!

:)

I was thinking with you. My first thought was hang the fashion police and wear your favorite even if it is 20 yrs old. Now to find out it is a son. . . .lol

I agree with most of the posters, so far. As for me, I'd rather have a happy kid than a miserable, uncomfortable one. My DW says, that it would be nice to have a nice formal family picture with all the guys in suits. That's true, but a formal picture of an uncomfortable kid isn't gonna be that great.

Have a great cruise & don't worry about the fashion police. He'll look like a handsome young man.

Archived